'Daily Check In September 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: 'Daily Check In September 17, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I had an eye appointment this morning. Now I can relax. They always make me nervous but it went well. Mostly a pressure check and I did not have to have my eyes dilated. I don’t want to have to have the surgery in my right eye that I had in my left eye some years ago.

I wasn’t sure if I’d get home to give Pippi her sedative three hours ahead but I just gave it to her. She isn’t herself and found a new place to sleep in the closet under the stairs. I hope it is a phase.

This afternoon I’ll dismantle my puzzle and maybe start a new one of Paris.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, I did manage to get my flu shot at Publix this morning. They also were not able to run my insurance and I had to pay the cash price, but they were able to figure out why it doesn't work and give me the paperwork to submit the payment for credit. So that's finally done.

I hope Pippi is okay.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Just wanted to let you know that my Great Nephew Aiden, his mom (my niece) and his dad are through the COVID mess. Thanks to being vaccinated both parents had very mild cases with a fever a day or so and some nasal pressure and the loss of smell which should hopefully come back. Aiden has been fever free for 3 days now so is also in the clear despite the fact he still tested Covid positive which we're told is possible for as long as 90 days after all the symptoms are gone. He's been cleared by the school already and will be going to the doctor and getting a note that he can return to school on Monday.

Thanks again for all your hugs and prayers.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ... Sunny and warm. It's supposed to be high 80s, but it hasn't hit 80 yet.

First off, many thanks for the prayers and good wishes. I appreciate them more than you know.

Not a lot today, quick run to the grocery. Saw a great deal on marked-down yogurt, then checked the dates: some of them way past sell-by. I can deal with last day of sale, but not 10 days out.

So, need to get chicken in the crockpot for tonight's dinner (DH likely will be late tonight.) Empty/fill dishwasher, and so on. We'll see if I get to anything after that, LOL!

Logic's glad to hear that little guy and his parents are on the mend!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Taking today off from working at dads/DD's...tomorrow DD wants to work in the basement...I am okay with that AFTER we get vacuuming done and counters scrubbed to my satisfaction LOL. I am a tough taskmaster.

I have my house chores done and laundry hung out to dry. Just spending time with my dog this afternoon. I think his "good" eye is becomes more cloudy with cataract and I see him really feeling his age. He still eats like a champ but he is really slowing down. I know the day is coming and I will not let him suffer. Sometimes he will get a wild hair and try to act like a puppy but those times are becoming few and far between.

We are having a girls night tonight, I will be doting on the grands ... I miss them as soon as they are out of sight.
I have alot of leaves down, probably should do some leaf blowing on decks and patio....
Off to do whatever

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I got the household chores completed, Hubby has almost emptied the 350 gal. rain barrel.

I have even managed to cut up some more of the recycled fabric into squares. Going to take a break now and knit while watching Vera.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/