magnets

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

magnets

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I don't know if I am the only one but I salvage the magnets on shower curtains before I pitch the old one. I pitched mine as I know that it won't be long enough for my new shower. I have a collection of magnets I love just getting one and not worrying about getting a magnet for a craft project.

Penny
LWolfT

Re: magnets

Post by LWolfT »

Oh no, you're not alone. Been doing that for years. They come in handy for many quick fixes. Once taped one to a long stick to fish something out of a drain.

However, I've noted that the really inexpensive curtains no longer have magnets in them.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

oh great idea! Will start doing that!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Back when we got phone books in the mail, I always saved the flat advertising magnets from the front (usually some ambulance-chasing law firm) and used them for crafts. We still have a "Clean/Dirty" sign on the dishwasher made from one of those.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:13 pm Back when we got phone books in the mail, I always saved the flat advertising magnets from the front (usually some ambulance-chasing law firm) and used them for crafts. We still have a "Clean/Dirty" sign on the dishwasher made from one of those.
I save all of those flat magnet things.

People now even have their pics on them. One wedding invite included a flat magnet with a pic of the couple with their wedding day info. Put it on the fridge so you don't forget!

The COD even has one with his mom's obituary!
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

LWolfT wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:47 pm Oh no, you're not alone. Been doing that for years. They come in handy for many quick fixes. Once taped one to a long stick to fish something out of a drain.

However, I've noted that the really inexpensive curtains no longer have magnets in them.
Probably because magnets don't work on the newer fiberglass tubs.