Daily Check In September 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 18, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Morning all. I am off to get coffee. Back in a bit.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 18, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

For some reason I am a bit chilled this morning and it isn't because of the temperatures outside. I think I just may be coming down with a cold or something. I have the chills, the sniffles, and a slight headache. Not feeling my best overall.

I must remember to check the temperature, or rather the feels like temperatures before heading out for a walk. Yesterday the temperature read in the mid 20's C range, but boy once you were outside in the wind, it was actually quite cold. The feels like temperature was about 10 degrees lower. I should have been wearing a jacket outside. Now today it is supposed to reach the low 30's C which if true will not help anyone.

So what will I busy myself with today. Since my oven is still kaput, I will pull out the mini doughnut maker and mini cupcake/muffin maker. Heck I may even pull out the mini cake pop maker. Though the last one could be considered pushing things cake a bit. We need a bit of sweet around here and this could be a way of getting some.

Adventures in only shopping once every two weeks has begun. Our coffee pot bit the dust yesterday morning, and I am refusing to shop for another at this point. I really want to wait the two weeks but may break down and get one a bit sooner. My poor k-cups are going to be used up quickly if I don't.

I also plan on picking the green tomatoes at some point this weekend. Temperatures are falling towards frost during the upcoming week and while I do not mind covering things for awhile, I don't want to be wrapping the garden up every night. Also I think that Hubby wants to get things finished in there as much as I do.

Next on the list of little things to keep me busy is cutting the remaining fabric and cutting some strips. I hope to finish that today and start putting things together tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Of course as it is Saturday I will be phoning my brother. I am finding it more and more frustrating listening to him as he is making less sense each time I call. I am hoping that once his program opens (that could be canceled once again as it is held in the hospital) he will be out and meeting more people. But with the uptick in Delta cases who knows what will happen. At least today I can tell him all about our trip, so something to talk about. Mind you that is if he lets me....

I finished a scarf last night and started another. I am caught up now in making scarves, but since Christmas is quickly approaching I need to get many more made as well as my own Christmas gifts. I know that eldest DS will get a quilt (he did ask for one), not sure about youngest though there are a few things I have in mind. Hubby always says he does not want anything, but now is hinting for a new laptop from the DS's...I might see how much I can save and get one of them to grab one for him and pay them back. We shall see.

Once again I forgot to take out ribs for our supper. I might just grab some now and put them into the slow cooker partially thawed (do a quick thaw in the microwave). I really want ribs for supper tonight so that is what I will do. We will have the ribs, rice and a salad for our supper.

Today I am grateful that the weather is still nice enough to go for a walk each morning. The chilliness of the wind is reminding me that winter will soon be here and no more early morning walks outside.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone.. We are still having warm to hot weather here. Fall is arriving next Wed and our weather is suppose to be more Fall like then.. I can hardly wait.. I hate summer heat. Fall is my favorite time of year.

My aide has been off this past week and a half due to covid. She is supposed to be cleared to start back to work today with one of her clients. Then she is scheduled to start back to work with me next Tuesday. She was fully vaccinated and yet got covid from an adult granddaughter who was not. She also infected her brother and he was fully vaccinated. Scary. I have taken the time she has been off to work on organizing my craft room and deep cleaning it. I can only do 10 min of work before I need a break however I work a little and rest a lot and over time things do get done.

Teddi had to go for an allergy shot this week. Poor little guy. They weighed him and he has gained a pound over the last couple of months.. bummer. I have not been feeding him more he has just been inside a lot due to the heat. I would like to take him to a park to walk him but they do not recommend it due to covid. He has never been one to play with his toys are to interact with me ie play fetch. I am hoping once the weather gets cooler I can spend more time outside and he will be more active.

I am thrilled that I am actually loosing weight again. I did not gain weight during the pandemic like some people did but was up and down gaining and loosing 3 to 5 lbs. The other day I broke 190 and staying steady at 188lbs. I have not been this low in decades. I hope I can keep the momentum going.

Wolf thinking about you and praying your test come back with a good result.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!!

Janet,
You weight lost is great! It's always so encouraging to get below certain numbers isn't it? I'd have a very long way to get to your weight. I talked to my doc about it last time I saw him. He said that progress for PTSD people is difficult because we process calories differently due to low-grade stress running "in the background" constantly. That made me feel a bit better. I should follow you take and move on little progress and build. Congratulations again!

I am up early for a Saturday. I just woke-up and listened to my CBC Saturday Morning radio show for a bit and some of the nice music they play. I decided it was time to get out of bed and start the day. I can always take a nap later, if needed.

After posting, I am going to put some bread in the machine. I had the last piece with cheese for breakfast this morning. The plans are, one the sun comes up and I have more light in the kitchen, to make muffins. I will have to shred some zucchini in the food processor (thank heavens for that appliance!) and then a batch of my favorite poppy seed maraschino cherry muffins and a batch of Saskatoon muffins. I figure that will keep me busy all afternoon. Depends on how my back hold out.

Jackie,
I heard on the news (CBC) that Alberta had 1,500 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday and Saskatchewan had 400 cases. I am not sure how many Manitoba or BC has had. I just know that from Manitoba to coastal CANADA, the cases are going up. Alberta, with Kenney "leading" the way has made a mess of dealing with COVID in his province. He might as well be called the Ron DeathSentence (Governor of Florida) of CANADA. He's done it ALL wrong.

I still have to apply to get my Manitoba COVID passport. I've tried to apply online through my same account that I signed-up for my vaccine. Well, isn't THAT a disaster! I go to the site, go to sign in and it 'doesn't recognize that password" and send me a verification code to my email. Then I enter that and it says, "We don't have that email in our records." UGH! I've tried numerous times. Now? I guess I'll have to do the frustration of calling and getting "press one for and blah, blah, blah" and then getting the "You are in a queue and your call with be answered in rotation, please hold the line as your call is important to us. . ." Lordy, I know I'll have to set aside at least 45 minutes just to speak to someone to get the process rolling. I don't go out to eat much or other places I would need it but I figure I'd better get it in case individual stores (like Fabricland) start requesting them.

I need to do a wee bit of houseplant care today, that's pretty easy and won't take long. They are still looking quite nice. I'm still waiting for my spider plant to start having "spiders" so I can multiply them. I find them so nice when they have the spiders dangling.

I might check in later with where I am on my projected projects for the day and actually see how far I get into them.

Have a beautiful Saturday everyone!

That's the skinny from my digs!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:11 am Bonne matin toute le monde!!

Janet,
You weight lost is great! It's always so encouraging to get below certain numbers isn't it? I'd have a very long way to get to your weight. I talked to my doc about it last time I saw him. He said that progress for PTSD people is difficult because we process calories differently due to low-grade stress running "in the background" constantly. That made me feel a bit better. I should follow you take and move on little progress and build. Congratulations again!

I am up early for a Saturday. I just woke-up and listened to my CBC Saturday Morning radio show for a bit and some of the nice music they play. I decided it was time to get out of bed and start the day. I can always take a nap later, if needed.

After posting, I am going to put some bread in the machine. I had the last piece with cheese for breakfast this morning. The plans are, one the sun comes up and I have more light in the kitchen, to make muffins. I will have to shred some zucchini in the food processor (thank heavens for that appliance!) and then a batch of my favorite poppy seed maraschino cherry muffins and a batch of Saskatoon muffins. I figure that will keep me busy all afternoon. Depends on how my back hold out.

Jackie,
I heard on the news (CBC) that Alberta had 1,500 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday and Saskatchewan had 400 cases. I am not sure how many Manitoba or BC has had. I just know that from Manitoba to coastal CANADA, the cases are going up. Alberta, with Kenney "leading" the way has made a mess of dealing with COVID in his province. He might as well be called the Ron DeathSentence (Governor of Florida) of CANADA. He's done it ALL wrong.

I still have to apply to get my Manitoba COVID passport. I've tried to apply online through my same account that I signed-up for my vaccine. Well, isn't THAT a disaster! I go to the site, go to sign in and it 'doesn't recognize that password" and send me a verification code to my email. Then I enter that and it says, "We don't have that email in our records." UGH! I've tried numerous times. Now? I guess I'll have to do the frustration of calling and getting "press one for and blah, blah, blah" and then getting the "You are in a queue and your call with be answered in rotation, please hold the line as your call is important to us. . ." Lordy, I know I'll have to set aside at least 45 minutes just to speak to someone to get the process rolling. I don't go out to eat much or other places I would need it but I figure I'd better get it in case individual stores (like Fabricland) start requesting them.

I need to do a wee bit of houseplant care today, that's pretty easy and won't take long. They are still looking quite nice. I'm still waiting for my spider plant to start having "spiders" so I can multiply them. I find them so nice when they have the spiders dangling.

I might check in later with where I am on my projected projects for the day and actually see how far I get into them.

MJ
MJ thank you. At one time I weighed 250lbs. My weigh gain started as a child due to being molested by my teenage neighbor. I was not raped but still molested. The thing is I told my Mom and she did nothing. When I told her she told me to get ready for dinner as if nothing had happened. I did not start to address this problem until I was in my late 40's early 50's. Several counselors told me it was a double betrayal since he was a trusted neighbor and my Mom did nothing. As an adult in counseling I confronted her. She denied hearing me. I think she may have but knowing now that if my Dad had heard this he would have most likely killed the guy. Both counselors have told me my weight is an emotional attachment and that once I no longer am afraid of men I will loose weight without trying. I am now 76 and no longer attractive to men or even interested in being with one so I think that is part of my recent drop in weight. I like that I loose a little and stabilize for a while and then all of a sudden loose a few more pounds and stabilize. I somewhat understand what you are going through with PTSD and your weight loss. I do hope you can lose a pound here and there and stabilize like I have been doing over the years. It is a long journey and I wish you well.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:11 am Bonne matin toute le monde!!

Janet,

Jackie,

MJ
We actually had 476 cases yesterday and considering our population in this province is 1/4 that of Alberta that number is not very good. Our small area had 17 cases added to it yesterday. I am worried about what today will bring.
Jackie