Daily Check In September 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In September 18, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:39 pm Thank you :D , she sounds more than wonderful.

I know that you know it, be careful with her back, that is what did my Dog in 5 years ago, this was before dog DNA, but we think that he was part dashshund, because of his long back, his back gave out when he was about 9-10, he was operated on, but caught an UTI.

IC
All three of the dogs are half dachshund and we are careful of their backs. My husband built them steps to get up and down from the living room sofas. We bought this house when we had our son's Welsh corgi, who had a fragile back, and deliberately chose it because it has no steps at all.

I really think our Goldie is the perfect dog. It took her years to get over the trauma of being abused as a puppy, but she is now rock-steady. She also never whines, which I appreciate when the other two are driving me up the wall. :-D
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Goldie sounds like such a beautiful pup.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:11 pm I ran into that a few years ago. I went to CVS and the pharmacist said my insurance would not go through but sent me to a different location that had a "Minute clinic" with a nurse practioner and my insurance went through.
I could have gone to the walk in clinic to get it, but it has a very small waiting room and no separation between those who are sick and those there for wellness measures. And I would still have to pay a $40 co-pay, so saving $12 and being exposed to God knows what did not seem like a good deal at all.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:22 pm Janet, I hope that your mother really didn't hear you, but sadly she may have been afraid of what your father would do. I'm so sorry.

When I was 14 a friend of my fathers came over, he knew that my father was at work, he put his hand on my knee (!!!!) nothing like what happened to you, I took his hand and off of me and he left.

I never told my father because I was afraid of what my father would do, so I "understand" sort of what your mother was thinking, but I'm sure NOT excusing her. I'm so sorry.

IC
I did not talk about it after I told my Mom but it was always with me and made me afraid of men all of my life. When I started counseling I was told I needed to tell others to help to get over it. I found out then that this same jerk attempted to do the same thing to my sister. However she was 16 y/o and fought him off. Neither one of us knew about the others experience until I was in my early 50's. Then we found out this same horrible person tried to rape his own sister. She was between the age of my sister and me. I do not understand boys and men that try to take advantage of young girls and women.

I am glad your experience was not as bad and that you had the ability to discourage him. I know what you mean about not telling your father. Even when I was going to counseling I never told my Dad what happened. I knew he would have been devastated and the time had passed to do anything so why upset him.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We have been to the grocery store. The total was $87, which included $2.79 for a pack of razors, baby food pumpkin for the dog ($5) and DH bought beer ($18), so actual people food expenditure was about $62. Most expensive thing was a $4.99 box of powdered milk I bought to keep on hand for cooking, since some recipes don't work right with plant-based milks.
Mackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We have been to the grocery store. The total was $87, which included $2.79 for a pack of razors, baby food pumpkin for the dog ($5) and DH bought beer ($18), so actual people food expenditure was about $62. Most expensive thing was a $4.99 box of powdered milk I bought to keep on hand for cooking, since some recipes don't work right with plant-based milks.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie