Daily Check In September 18, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In September 18, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

hello all. Got home from our camping trip last night....had a great time. Spent today putting everything away.
Did a lot of biking...some really hard trails..very hilly. Got my kayak in the water..DH wasn't even in his boat yet and I snapped a rudder cable. Couldn't fix it there so...packed the kayaks back on top of the truck and went biking again.
The weather was perfect.
Still..nice to get home.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Finally all fabric is cut and tomorrow I get to start putting things together. Hopefully this quilt does not take very long to do. Getting close to the end of the month and I need to get more projects completed to make me feel as if I have gotten some headway on them and Christmas.

Once this quilt is done and I get my own sandwiched I can hopefully get some more of the smaller projects completed.

I was going to pick green tomatoes this afternoon, but did not get around to it. I may get out there after supper and get those picked and placed to ripen.

Supper is in the slow cooker and instantpot. Salad is made, and plans on how I am going to roast my chicken tomorrow without and oven are being considered. I do have an electric roaster so will more than likely use that.

Hubby does not want another coffee pot, so we will use the Keurig only now. I just need to find some make your own kcups in order to keep expenses down. Those kcups can cost an arm and a leg.

Did not get baking done, but perhaps tomorrow. Though if we want a sweet treat I should pull up a crisp from the freezer.

Off to finish getting supper ready.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Air conditioner has been coming on so I looked at the outside temperature. It is 33 C out there. Yikes.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

My landline/internet is down again....ridiculous :roll:
Our temps today were up also Jackie, it was hot and humid. according to the weather dude temps are to go down next week and we have several chances for rain.

My dog is really slowing down, today was not a good day for him. I bathed and clipped him because he kept licking at one of his back "elbows" I found an open sore on it...so it has been cleaned and i put neosporian on it as the vet directed before. I have also started him on antibiotics. If I don't see an improvement he will be going to the vets next week. I dread it because he hates to ride in the car.

It has been a slow, calm day...might work on packing up pretty dishware at dads/DD's tomorrow and I will defrost the freezer while I am there.

I did house chores and puttered in the kitchen, not alot of mojo today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
I did get to spend some good time with my dog so that is a good thing.

JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

Anospice, as I already have a large bag of turmeric at home already.

ther beautiful fall day. It started off very cool with a 4 degree C low last night but warmed up to 19 or the mid 60’s in the afternoon. Tomorrow your warm weather is moving west Jackie with highs reaching almost 90 F.!!

Yesterday I actually went to our public library IN PERSON! Something I had intended to do all week, but something always cropped up. It was wonderful to return to a little more normalcy. Entering your temperature is taken, you must sanitize your hands, asked the COVID questionnaire and given a pass for 30 minutes indoor time. The number of people entering is counted but it wasn’t crowded at all. Curb side pickup is another option to obtain your library materials. The library has a spice club and each month features a new spice. This month’s spice is turmeric and they actually will give all the patrons who ask a small container of turmeric and some recipes to try. It’s really geared towards the disadvantaged folks who may be unaware oealth benefits of not known how to use that spice. I thought this was really cool! I accepted the recipes and declined the turmeric as I already have a large amount at home. And I got so many books I wanted and can hardly wait to read them.

This morning I went for a walk with a dear friend to a larger city park, with a nice view of the harbour landmarks. Then in the afternoon, Dh was feeling restless and wanted to do something. So off we went to yet another park! I am exhausted but no wonder as I clocked 20 000 steps excluding the steps doing housework as I don’t wear my phone all day. But it’s a great feeling of tiredness as I love to be outside and have the gift of clean, smooth, sweet smelling sheets tonight.

Have a relaxing evening everyone and enjoy a good nights sleep.

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackie, MJ and any other Canadian readers - wanted you to know that our Covid count hasn’t increased substantially at all despite over 5000 international students arriving in our city and lots of fully vaccinated American tourists. Since school started, we had one case reported at a secondary school but amazingly none of his classmates, teachers or students on his bus tested positive. Our total Covid count is 10 in a vast area and this is the fourth day of no new cases. We have a mask mandate for all indoor spaces and starting next Monday proof of full vaccination required for all non essential indoor services including gyms, movie theatres, museums, libraries, beauty establishments, etc.

This is the nearest to normalcy we have achieved since the onset of the pandemic and our city has the highest rate percentage wise of fully vaccinated young people 12 to 18 years. The poor kids just want to be in school in person! Not that many are choosing remote learning, especially at the elementary level.

Creative