Daily Check-in September 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in September 19, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:25 pm Salut toute le monde!!

I was busy yesterday!

In the morning I got a loaf of bread in the machine. I decided I'd let the machine bake it since I had all afternoon planned for making muffins and I knew the mess that would create. It turned out really nice. I did get my muffins done. I made 1 dozen Poppy Seed Maraschino Cherry Muffins and 2 dozen Saskatoon and Oatmeal Muffins. The first time I made the Saskatoon Muffins, I wished they'd have more fruit so I added an extra half cup for the double recipe. I should have gone ahead and used a full cup. I let them cool down overnight and will package them up for the freezer.

I finally got my Wiener Doggo Shelf of Fame set-up. It looks really nice. I got some kitchen homework done so when Angela comes tomorrow she can see I did make some progress. Next? Like Jackie, right now I have appliances loading up my counter tops. I have a place I store them in the storage room but with my bicycle parked in the front hall it makes getting into the storage room difficult. One Ange and I get the two huge boxes of China and whatever unloaded and sorted, there will be more space for me to move the bike out of the way of the closet door.

It was hot here yesterday. I had the weather do-hickey blip my computer that we'd have rain within the next 24 hours. So far? Nothing. It was rather warm again today. I had the A/C on for a bit each day as I have two very big south windows.

I watched my usual Sunday morning political shows and then read some news on Twitter. Some guy in Texas kicked a couple out of his restaurant because they were wearing masks. How weird can it get?! Boy oh boy!

I still haven't had supper yet but I had a late lunch. I had a lovely tuna sandwich with just the right amount of red onion and miracle whip in the tuna salad. For supper I am planning on making a quickie Corn Chowder using Canned corn, a few potatoes that Zoe gave me and some of the Cream of Mushroom Soup I got this summer on sale in a flat (it worked out to 50 cents a can). I went to use one of the onions on the counter and found it was dead. So, no onions for my chowder but I do have some onion powder and will add a little garlic. The only time it will really take is opening the cans of soup and corn! Oh, and chopping the potatoes.

I'm just goofing around tonight. I have the dishwasher loaded and will run it after supper. Hopefully there is still enough space to fit my supper dishes.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
MJ your food sounds so yummy. Glad you are able to bake ahead and have something to pull out of the freezer when you are not up to baking or cooking.
Janet Alliesmama
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:01 pm Patty I enjoyed your vacation pictures.. Looks like a really lovely place to go on vacation.. Sorry you and your DH were made so tired by the journey.. The double rainbow was amazing.
Thanks Janet. The double rainbow WAS pretty amazing. :)
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:14 pm nice pics - and those short stories!!!! Awesome.
Thanks Clem!
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

jckitty wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:45 pm Update:

I agree Patty, nice pics and I love your short stories!

JCKitty
Thanks Kitty!
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

chocolite wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:57 pmThanks Clem!
You should think about writing a book!!