Daily Check-in September 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in September 19, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is a cool (68 F) (20 C).Right now it is still dark out and the crickets are chirping. You can tell there is a seasonal change on the way since it is staying darker in the mornings and getting darker earlier in the evenings. Wednesday is the official start of Fall. Yippee! Although we are still going to have hot temps today but with rain later on that will eventually help us cool down into some better Fall like temperatures. This morning I need to load up the trunk of my car and drive things down the hill to the basement and load up my Fall and winter clothes before the rain arrives. We are suppose to have rain off and on for the next several days.

Yesterday heard from a very dear friend that she has moved back home for good. I am so happy for her and me. She moved to Texas about 3 years ago to get married. Turns out the jerk was still married. She did get a good job in Texas and stayed but missed her kids, grandkids, and her friends up here. She is like a sister to me so I am thrilled she had decided to move back home. Looking forward to getting together some time in the near future.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in September 19, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Not going to be a good day, I can tell already. Today our angel would have been 43, and today we buried my Dad making me and my siblings orphans to all intents and purposes. So I am a bit teary eyed, and sniffily (isn't that a word).

Not really too much happening around here. I will be making my list for next weeks to do chores (and fun projects), going to Mass, and working on projects.

Last night I wound a skein of yarn and I hope to get another one done at some point today.

I may see what other organizing I can manage in the sewing/craft room and I need to piece together some batting fabric for my friends small lap quilt. Waste not in the putting together of quilts, in my book.

I had to giggle to myself yesterday, my friend voted Conservative as is usual. She always says she is going to vote differently and never does. Point of fact our province is very Conservative after years of NDP and our Federal government is Liberal right now. I looked at her yesterday and said I know you voted for "K" (the conservative member). She said she figured I knew cause she never said anything...I said that the way I knew is that is what she always does. She knows "K" through hockey and he is the chiropractor here in the city. When she asked why I would say that, I asked her what exactly this man did for our riding, other than send out the same glossy fliers that they accuse the Liberals of doing. I also told her that I know exactly how she votes. And she said "I have to vote the way B tells me (that's her Hubby)." I said he will never know unless you tell him differently. Only once in awhile do Hubby and I vote the same, many years our votes have cancelled each others out. Silly woman.

Pretty sure we will have another minority government which means the first sign of a crack and we will be back at the polls voting once again. The only thing I am not sure of is who will form said government.

Supper tonight is going to be roasted chicken along with creamed potatoes, salad and a veggie. Now before you all get excited thinkin my oven is fixed, it isn't. Instead I will bring up the electric roaster and make the chicken in there. Pretty soon I will have every appliance I own up here.

Today I am grateful that we are supposed to have another beautiful day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, (((major hugs))). You have kept your angel alive by talking of her here, praying, having your wonderful collection of angels and taking such good care of your boys.

I will be interested in your election tomorrow. My parents also split their votes in later years. Dad was a lifelong Republican. Mom was a Republican until the late 1980s when she began voting Democrat to counter what she saw as GOP meanness (even back then).

After I finish breakfast and my drops, I’ll go to mom’s house and try to get the grass cut. Although I didn’t hear rain, it looks wet outside so we’ll see. The past few weeks I’ve been putting on work clothes as soon as I get up (instead of changing at mom’s house) on the days I want to do yard work and that gives me a push.

I had a good day yesterday, a very lazy day by forum standards. For a break from intense TV I watched Crazy Rich Asians, which I saw when it first came out but enjoyed again. Also I started a mystery with Queen Elizabeth as the main character.

Since I no longer get the local channels, I couldn’t watch the big Alabama-University of Florida football game but I listened to part of it on my old fashioned Sony “transistor radio” - couldn’t find it online. It was held at UF (“The Swamp” 90,000 in attendance 😳). Alabama (#1) beat my Gators by only two points. The Gators were a two touchdown underdog so they did very well - and I’m reading this morning that the penalty calls favored Alabama.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:47 am Good morning friends.

Since I no longer get the local channels, I couldn’t watch the big Alabama-University of Florida football game but I listened to part of it on my old fashioned Sony “transistor radio” - couldn’t find it online. It was held at UF (“The Swamp” 90,000 in attendance 😳). Alabama (#1) beat my Gators by only two points. The Gators were a two touchdown underdog so they did very well - and I’m reading this morning that the penalty calls favored Alabama.

Have a good day.
Is it possible for you to get the local channels with an indoor antenna hookup?
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I've been to Mass and made myself a low-carb breakfast. I know that's how my body does best, but I am not motivated to overcome my emotional and ADHD needs for dopamine hits of carbs. I am quite unhappy in all areas of my life and not sure what I can do about it. I'll keep plugging away and praying about it.

DGS7's baseball game was moved from 5 PM to 1 PM. So I can make his. Then DS had some events for today cancelled but has a zoom call at 7. So he wants me to meet his at 5 PM at his place rather than 6. So I will only be able to watch the very beginning of DGS4's game that starts at 3. It is a 90 minute drive to DS's.

I do need to run out. I need a new battery for my scale and Walmart did not have it last night. I have a few groceries that I did nto get at Walmart. They are remodeling the Walmart closest to my place.

Jackie, My Mom was horrified when they moved to North Carolina and went to the polling place and the poll worker asked Mom if she was not going to go into the booth with Dad. No way, they used to cancel out each other's votes.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Not going to be a good day, I can tell already. Today our angel would have been 43, and today we buried my Dad making me and my siblings orphans to all intents and purposes. So I am a bit teary eyed, and sniffily (isn't that a word).

Not really too much happening around here. I will be making my list for next weeks to do chores (and fun projects), going to Mass, and working on projects.

Last night I wound a skein of yarn and I hope to get another one done at some point today.

I may see what other organizing I can manage in the sewing/craft room and I need to piece together some batting fabric for my friends small lap quilt. Waste not in the putting together of quilts, in my book.

I had to giggle to myself yesterday, my friend voted Conservative as is usual. She always says she is going to vote differently and never does. Point of fact our province is very Conservative after years of NDP and our Federal government is Liberal right now. I looked at her yesterday and said I know you voted for "K" (the conservative member). She said she figured I knew cause she never said anything...I said that the way I knew is that is what she always does. She knows "K" through hockey and he is the chiropractor here in the city. When she asked why I would say that, I asked her what exactly this man did for our riding, other than send out the same glossy fliers that they accuse the Liberals of doing. I also told her that I know exactly how she votes. And she said "I have to vote the way B tells me (that's her Hubby)." I said he will never know unless you tell him differently. Only once in awhile do Hubby and I vote the same, many years our votes have cancelled each others out. Silly woman.

Pretty sure we will have another minority government which means the first sign of a crack and we will be back at the polls voting once again. The only thing I am not sure of is who will form said government.

Supper tonight is going to be roasted chicken along with creamed potatoes, salad and a veggie. Now before you all get excited thinkin my oven is fixed, it isn't. Instead I will bring up the electric roaster and make the chicken in there. Pretty soon I will have every appliance I own up here.

Today I am grateful that we are supposed to have another beautiful day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie sorry for your loss. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama