Daily Check-in September 19, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in September 19, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Hugs to you Jackie. Maggie I hope you start to feel better.

Had a late start. Slept until 9. I've done dog and cat stuff.

Dallas plays today so the town streets will be empty.

take care all!
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Jackie, sending you a big cyber hug today.

FloridaCat, I couldn’t believe how close the AL/FL game was. Our Memphis Tigers eked out a win against an SEC team yesterday (MS State). It was a wild 4th quarter, for sure. We’re 3-0 for the season, although we haven’t yet begun conference play.

Maggie, I relate so very much to you. The only significant success I’ve had in losing weight has been with eating low carb, but I just can’t seem to get motivated to do it, and I think it’s because of the small lift I get from eating simple carbs. Ugh… I’m not in a good place emotionally and I know that plays a big part in it all. Big hugs to you and I hope your situation improves real soon.

Good morning, all. I had a post all typed out and the site “glitched” so my post went poof. So frustrating. So I’m doing what Penny does and typing this in Word. I’ll just cut and paste….that way I can’t lose it.

We got back yesterday. It was an exhausting trip and so very hard on every single level. There was more rain than we usually get this time of year, so we only ended up going to the pool three times, and the last one was for less than an hour because it started raining. We did eat some good seafood, though, and the views from the balcony were beautiful. So it was a good week….just very, very hard. We discussed whether we should even try it next year, unless we are much stronger than now.

Since we’ve gotten back, my balance is really bad. Just this morning I’ve almost fallen twice. It’s so scary. My knee just buckles. The surgeon and my PT say that is due to a nerve issue, so it feels like there’s nothing I can do to improve it. I go back to PT on Tuesday, though, and hopefully I can get back to where I was a week ago. It’s so discouraging b/c it took me weeks to make the progress I did and in only one week (with two long car trips, granted) I completely backslid, even though I did my exercises while on vacation. Oh well…fretting about it’s not doing any good.

I have a grocery order being delivered today between 2 and 3. We didn’t need a lot, mainly milk and produce. I’m not sure what supper will be tonight. I’ll have to give it some thought.
Patty
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
Hugs to Jackie and Maggie, I hope both of you get thru your day and can find some joy in something today.
I do know that is easier said than done some days.

I slept pretty well last night. My dog seems better this morning...still slow but that is his norm. The spot on his back leg seems better and he is eating and drinking just fine.

I have been to Dads/DD's and emptied the freezer into coolers, I have it unplugged and a fan facing it to thaw the ice....working fine so far. I will go back either tonight or tomorrow AM to wipe it out and reinstall the goods. We are getting some pork sometime this week.
I also took the old entertainment center apart for removal by the fiance. I cannot stand to see indoor furniture on a deck or porch.....LOL. It's my OCD showing up.

Not sure what is happening this afternoon, probably spending time with my dog and some mindless TV.
I wanted to pack stuff up out of the glass case at Dd's but she isn't too active, her back is achy and it is something I can do when she is at work . I have to be the one to do it as she has no idea what to keep and what to donate. She is not a self-starter.

I do need to water and groom plants.

It is sunny and warm, like Janet I am looking forward to cooler weather.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie (((hugs)))

Patty, could something more than a cane make you more stable? A member of our church back home developed post polio syndrome and had weakness in his legs with poor balance. He did well with knee braces and a forearm crutch.

It is pouring rain here. I have been doing Sunday chores. The quilt that protects our bedspread from little critter feet is in the washer. I still need to think up something for my work lunches, but my cooking mojo is not with it. Why has no one invented the human version of cat kibble: nutritionally complete, crunchy, and portable without refrigeration? :-D
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:11 pm Jackie (((hugs)))

Patty, could something more than a cane make you more stable? A member of our church back home developed post polio syndrome and had weakness in his legs with poor balance. He did well with knee braces and a forearm crutch.

It is pouring rain here. I have been doing Sunday chores. The quilt that protects our bedspread from little critter feet is in the washer. I still need to think up something for my work lunches, but my cooking mojo is not with it. Why has no one invented the human version of cat kibble: nutritionally complete, crunchy, and portable without refrigeration? :-D
Mackie I think they call human kibble cereal...lol.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:16 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Not going to be a good day, I can tell already. Today our angel would have been 43, and today we buried my Dad making me and my siblings orphans to all intents and purposes. So I am a bit teary eyed, and sniffily (isn't that a word).

Not really too much happening around here. I will be making my list for next weeks to do chores (and fun projects), going to Mass, and working on projects.

Last night I wound a skein of yarn and I hope to get another one done at some point today.

I may see what other organizing I can manage in the sewing/craft room and I need to piece together some batting fabric for my friends small lap quilt. Waste not in the putting together of quilts, in my book.

I had to giggle to myself yesterday, my friend voted Conservative as is usual. She always says she is going to vote differently and never does. Point of fact our province is very Conservative after years of NDP and our Federal government is Liberal right now. I looked at her yesterday and said I know you voted for "K" (the conservative member). She said she figured I knew cause she never said anything...I said that the way I knew is that is what she always does. She knows "K" through hockey and he is the chiropractor here in the city. When she asked why I would say that, I asked her what exactly this man did for our riding, other than send out the same glossy fliers that they accuse the Liberals of doing. I also told her that I know exactly how she votes. And she said "I have to vote the way B tells me (that's her Hubby)." I said he will never know unless you tell him differently. Only once in awhile do Hubby and I vote the same, many years our votes have cancelled each others out. Silly woman.

Pretty sure we will have another minority government which means the first sign of a crack and we will be back at the polls voting once again. The only thing I am not sure of is who will form said government.

Supper tonight is going to be roasted chicken along with creamed potatoes, salad and a veggie. Now before you all get excited thinkin my oven is fixed, it isn't. Instead I will bring up the electric roaster and make the chicken in there. Pretty soon I will have every appliance I own up here.

Today I am grateful that we are supposed to have another beautiful day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Sending you hugs Jackie.