Daily Check in Sept 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Sept 20, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

We hit a high of 101 today. Not sure if it is a record. Should be cooler tomorrow.

Ugh - just reading about this border thing and Haiti.

I have cousins that work for the border patrol - all supporters of the former "president'

Darn - our great grandparent had to run from a revolution in 1914 to be safe. If we didn't spend so much money overseas, we could help more people here.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Wolf we got some rain this AM but it has just been breezy and warm this afternoon.
Really been a mellow day, got my house chores done and cleaned/sorted the fridge...had to throw some stuff out but couldn't be helped. Chickens got the stuff so at least it got eaten.

I have chicken leg quarters thawing for tomorrow, I did cook up some old venison from dads freezer for the dog...there was no freezer burn on it and it smelled fine just decided it was going to be dog food. He loves it.

I put in an instacart order for tomorrow morning delivery...spiral sliced ham that i will share with family. I just need to go to the fruit/veg market for some fruit besides pineapple and grapes...some apples, oranges? and bananas. Maybe melon, depends on how high they have the price jacked up.

I have been craving sweets, that tells me I need to drink more water...at least that is how it works with me. It's a good thing the mexican Bakery is closed on Mondays or I would have made a visit LOL

Didn't work at DD's tonight, she wanted a break so tomorrow we will do some more.
JCKitty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Late check in for me. I'm sending good thoughts to all with fur baby issues. It's so hard to know how they're feeling...I know we all wish they could tell us when something is wrong.

I had two appointments today - at the pain clinic and at my ophthalmologist. Good news is my cornea hasn't decreased much, if any, since four months ago. So, my doctor says his hope is that we can wait maybe up to two years before I have to get another cornea surgery. Plus, he looked at my cyst and recommended an oculoplastic surgeon, so I'll be calling his office to get an appointment.

Thankfully, I don't have to leave the house tomorrow. I'm still recovering from the trip I think.
Patty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:23 pm Late check in for me. I'm sending good thoughts to all with fur baby issues. It's so hard to know how they're feeling...I know we all wish they could tell us when something is wrong.

I had two appointments today - at the pain clinic and at my ophthalmologist. Good news is my cornea hasn't decreased much, if any, since four months ago. So, my doctor says his hope is that we can wait maybe up to two years before I have to get another cornea surgery. Plus, he looked at my cyst and recommended an oculoplastic surgeon, so I'll be calling his office to get an appointment.

Thankfully, I don't have to leave the house tomorrow. I'm still recovering from the trip I think.
Patty great news about your eye.. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Janet Alliesmama