Daily Check in Sept 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 20, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Today is my baby's 22nd birthday. We had a nice dinner and visit last night. In addition to the Vacuum and set of dished I have bought him in the last few weeks, I took him 3 dressy t-shirts. (Land
s end, stripped) and made him promise to throw out at least 3 that have arm pit stains. He has 2 performances in a few weeks, so I will go up for both.

After work I will meet up for dinner with the support/social group. I get to do the daily reports, Oh joy. Can't wait for the other shifts to do 2 of them leaving first with just one. This is in addition to the regular duties.

Off to get coffee.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Sept 20, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is election day here in Canada and I am slightly worried over what will be happening to our government. Okay just a tad more than slightly worried. To add to the worries more cases of the Delta variant were found here in my province and about 24 of those in the southeast corner (7 in my little subsection of this corner).Wishing now that we would have went to the early voting instead of waiting. It might be best if we went one at a time today. I think I will go early and get it over with.

It is Monday and I have a long list of chores to accomplish, and since the temperature dropped even lower last night (getting close to freezing) it has been made longer yet. It is definitely time to get the last of the garden in, maybe even past time.

So with garden, inside household cleaning, and projects to work on this looks like a very busy day. Now I wish I could have concentrated a bit more yesterday, but I will hit the floor running and get as much done as possible.

Hubby is trying to fix the coffee pot. I will let him try, he says he has it running again, but now it will not shut off.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover sweet and sour ribs, the leftover rice and some cut up veggies from the garden (most likely tomato, peppers, and cukes.

Today I am grateful there was no frost that I can see last night, considering it is only 4 C outside.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Maggie and all.

Maggie, happy birthday to your son. Hard to believe he is 22.

I’m SO glad that I did the yard work yesterday. Now I can go grocery shopping this morning. Monday morning seems to be the least crowded time. Later today I’ll run to mom’s house and put out the yard trash for tomorrow morning.

I slept in until after 8 this morning. Because Pippi likes the dry food so much, she doesn’t cry for her wet food early in the mornings most days.

Two more episodes of The Killing so I’ll finish it today. I had a CD due on Friday but have another at the same bank due tomorrow so will wait until Wednesday to go there. Tomorrow we are going to the new Arts and Crafts museum so I’m going to read a bit about that art period, 1880 to 1920. The museum was built by a wealthy individual here, someone most people including local officials really didn’t know until he said he wanted to build this museum.

Tonight I’ll definitely watch the Canadian election returns. I’ve been watching Canadian politics (somewhat) for years. I’ll be especially interested in Atlantic Canada which has traditionally been Liberal but I think has become a bit more Conservative.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, I remember when your youngest was a little guy and so interested in cooking. Time flies!

It is chilly and rainy here this morning and I wore capris (very unusual for me to ever wear them out in public) because I see the knee doc this afternoon and needed something that could easily be rolled up. So I am freezing! Been huddled over the tiny space heater under the desk.

I made a $93 Chewy order this morning before leaving for work, which was mostly Rosie's arthritis supplement. A bag of that lasts about eight months, though. That, people meds, and groceries were our only expenditures this weekend.

I made chili for supper last night. Usually make it with ground pork sausage, but we didn't have quite enough, so the depths of the freezer yielded a lone small beefsteak Homeless Buddy had left behind. I diced that very fine and sauteed it with the sausage and some onions, then made the chili as usual. It was quite good. Also made some cheesy-herb corn muffins as a side.

We need to make a large stock-up trip to Save-a-lot soon, as our freezer is down to bread, bagels, and bits and bobs of frozen vegetables.

My brown bag lunches this week are some frozen leftovers from last week along with some black bean-sweet potato-chicken chili I made just for my lunch. Also froze some leftover grapes to add to yogurt for frozen parfaits.

Hope you all have a lovely, peaceful day.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:11 am Good Morning friends,

Today is my baby's 22nd birthday. We had a nice dinner and visit last night. In addition to the Vacuum and set of dished I have bought him in the last few weeks, I took him 3 dressy t-shirts. (Land
s end, stripped) and made him promise to throw out at least 3 that have arm pit stains. He has 2 performances in a few weeks, so I will go up for both.

After work I will meet up for dinner with the support/social group. I get to do the daily reports, Oh joy. Can't wait for the other shifts to do 2 of them leaving first with just one. This is in addition to the regular duties.

Off to get coffee.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie Wow 22 y/o! Happy birthday to your baby boy. I remember when I first came on the frugal forum your boys were just little guys. Now in their 20's and one even has children of his own. Does not seem possible. I bet you feel the same way.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Today I walked up to the office to be there when they opened. I have a wasps nest on my balcony above one window. I am not going out there to put my ladder away until it is gone. The exterminator usually comes on Mondays hence the waiting outside the office. Errands done, absentee ballet mailed for special election, for Texas State representative for my district. He resigned to teach at our local community college.

I am not sure about meals today. Yesterday I made a poached egg in a microwave safe mug in my microwave. It was so easy just a mug, saucer, and slotted spoon to wash. You can only do one at a time. It was great. I will be making them again.

Penny

edited to correct typo.
Last edited by Grannysewstoys on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.