Daily Check in Sept 20, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Sept 20, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Harvested the garden, sinks and counters cleaned, voted (yeah me, but I wonder why people here naturally think you vote Conservative?). Next up finishing the laundry, cleaning the bedrooms, cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming. First another coffee for some energy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:40 am Owned and Janet, I am sorry your fur babies are feeling poorly. So very often I wish they could talk, or at least point, to tell us what's wrong.

It's ragweed season here and I had to give Lily Dog a prednisone tablet last night because she was scratching. She's doing miles better than last year with her allergy shots this year, but her ragweed allergy is extreme. It got things settled down so she could sleep well.
Sorry to hear about Lily Dog but you are such a good Mommie to stay on top of what her problems are.. Hope she continues to do well.
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Furbabies, they steal our hearts.

I know that all of us do the best that we can.

dogs walked and fed.

Laundry done, hung what I can.

The dishes are done, I don't usually run it in the morning, but having strange dish patterns right now. the dogs use 6 dishes a day, that adds up, then add what DH and I use.

IC
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

I had the most wonderful day today! In the morning I met up with my old teacher friend who lives in our neighborhood and we went for a walk together and had a great time socializing. Patio “drink” on our deck - sparkling water in case you’re wondering. We are not doing this on a weekly basis until the snow flies. She broke her foot so is unsteady on the snow and ice.

Then I went to an Outdoor Photography club with our 55 Plus Centre. About 10 people showed up, and all of us women. It’s a drop in club and different location each time. We regrouped at the end to show our favourite photos. Those of you who know me well, know how much I love taking photos. I think my iCloud subscription for photo storage has been my best recreational investment ever. For those of you who want, I posted a few of my photos to both Facebook and Instagram. That way you can get a glimpse of my fair city.

Dh and I managed to vote and I would be shocked if Patty Hadju, the Minister of Health doesn’t win for our riding. With her high profile position, our community has certainly benefited with lots of grants and improvements to infrastructure given. I don’t think Canada is quite ready for a Prime Minister who is a practising Sikh and wears a turban. We’re pretty accepting and tolerant but there is definitely latent racism around. When we went to vote there was no lineup at all and a very quick process. And we got to keep our voting pencil, lol! I am pretty sure Justin Trudeau will continue to be our prime minister but you never know!

Meatloaf for dinner and I made Jackie’s wonderful honey wheat bread. A lentil veggie soup for me. And sautéed green beans with garlic and sun dried tomatoes (sounds strange but really good), roasted mushrooms and two languishing potatoes I sliced and oven baked, drizzled with olive oil and dried spices. Dessert -YO-YO (you’re on your own)!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!!

I can consider this afternoon still because I haven't had supper yet!! LOL

I just got back from voting and a trip to Dollar Tree. The voting station was PACKED! There were hundreds of people in a big ballroom at a local hotel so lots of space for distancing. It was really well run and it went fairly quickly. The woman at my polling station was a bit slow compared to the others judging by how our line grew and others got shorter. She was being very meticulous which, having worked a polling night, should save her some time when counting comes to be done. Very well organized and safe. A fellow in the line and I thought we'd be wearing masks for at least another two years. Well, it sure appears that way.

With all my muffin baking on the weekend, I ran out of paper muffin cups. I prefer to use those to greasing up the pan. They don't stick and the pan cleans up so easily. While there I also treated myself to an ice cold Cherry Coca Cola and got a few bags for baking good. It was crazy busy in there too! It's such a gorgeous day out I am sure that is affecting peoples' moods to go out and enjoy it and of course it being voting day too.

I had big plans for today with Angela. UGH! I tossed and turned and couldn't sleep until well after 3:00 am and then woke-up a little after 6 am. I was dead. I managed to scrounge in a shower and collapse in my chair. I got dressed by about 8:30 am knowing Angela would be around after dropping her youngest two boys off at school. She messaged me that all three of her boys were sick with congestion and runny noses and that she wouldn't make it. I was fine with that! I already needed a nap! We will probably get together on Wednesday. I really don't want to press it for tomorrow. I don't know if she is going to have them tested for Covid but all three coming down with the same symptoms at once worries me especially since her one son has MS. I worry for my obese self too. Obesity is one of the WORST comorbidities with this disease. We all could do without it. Thank you very much!

I had a couple of muffins for breakfast today, they aren't big like the store ones. I use a Pampered Chef "ice cream" scoop for each cup of muffin mix so they all bake equally. They don't turn out big but they don't burn! I also use it when I make cookies. For lunch I had the leftover corn chowder from supper last night. Holy smoly was it ever good! Made me wish I'd made a huge pot but I didn't have enough ingredients for that. Supper tonight will be a tuna salad sandwich and maybe some veggies.

For now? I am just cooling off from my adventure outside. It is warm out there. I knew it was as I'd had to turn on the A/C for a bit this afternoon. It is a really gorgeous day out there!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good evening ...
Been raining off and on all day ... Seems like fall, outside of being humid
Today's news: finally got our tax refund. Plus interest, since it took so long.
Otherwise, ran errands, unloaded & loaded dishwasher. Looked for fabric for a possible project. I don't need another project!!

Hugs for all the fur babies who need them. And Maggie, happy birthday to your son!