Daily Check In September 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 21, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Morning, off to get coffee. Back ASAP.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 21, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Well nothing changed government wise. We more or less have the same minority government as before the election was called. Some prominent candidates lost their seats, and there were a few surprises. Still there will more than likely be complaints and calls for recounts (we count all by hand here). There will also be questions about whether or not both leaders should step down. One because he did not win a majority, and the other because he did not win the election (I learned last night that if the Conservative leader does not win it is written in their constitution that they are to face a review and asked to step away from the leadership). I don't think either of those things will happen. But we shall see.

So the repair guy phoned (we played phone tag) and asked if we would be home in the afternoon. Told him yes, but he still did not show up. I will hope for today, but I am beginning to get very angry. Almost angry enough to go online, purchase an element and put it in ourselves. The only thing holding me back is wondering how long it would take to reach us. Might check it out on Amazon as well as those make it yourself K-cups.

I did some sewing and knitting yesterday. Another set of blocks was added to the quilt and a few inches to the scarf. Today will more than likely be the same, though I would love to get more than one set of five blocks added. My back starts to hurt after about an hour though so I have to stop for a bit.

Shorter to do list today which is nice. I hope to get a bit of sewing done this morning after my mending.

So what is on the list for today. I need to iron, mend, sweep the floors, clean my workspace, bake a loaf of bread, work on projects (fun stuff), and do some extra cleaning. Not a great deal. I think for the extra cleaning I will do a thorough dusting of the living room. Means everything off the shelves in there. I may even do a wipe down of the fridge. It isn't dirty inside, but the outside is full of fingerprints.

I will once again start my day off with a walk about of about 2 km. I really try to get in 4 or 5 km a day. I think I may go in a different direction this time. I am getting bored with my usual walk and need to mix it up a little bit.

Tomorrow, I should have enough ripe tomatoes to make salsa and I will get that done, hopefully the rest will ripen quickly and I can either dry them or figure something else out. I am wondering about salsa verde, or green tomato chutney.....are they something we would enjoy????

Supper tonight is going to be some of the leftover chicken. Must pull it out now. I will hopefully make a casserole. Even is my oven is not fixed I can use the toaster oven as I think I am beginning to learn how to use it. At least supper was piping hot yesterday. Serving it with the leftover coleslaw (might make a bit more to go with what is left).

Today I am grateful that the election seems to be over and no riots have occurred. Keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no one angry enough to try anything stupid.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, hon, it's Sept. 21. I can relate to the need for coffee!

Oh, I did not want to wake up this morning. I was up late reading about all the new stuff that can be injected into arthritic knees. Yesterday I saw the knee guy at the orthopedic practice that has looked after my hands and feet and he says there is a double total knee replacement in my future. This was not surprising, but I don't want to do it while I'm still working and climbing stairs all the time. (To be totally honest, I'd like to never do it because I am a weenie about that kind of pain.) So we talked about things that could buy some time. Amazingly, they can now spin a tube of one's own platelets and inject those in the joint to act as a natural anti-inflammatory. Pretty cool stuff.

Once I got to work, I swept the floors and wiped down the surfaces because everyone uses our office and it does not really get cleaned. I am grateful that the custodians are cleaning the toilet every day. Strangely enough, they never clean the sink. You gotta wonder!

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

My friend will pick me up in about 30 minutes for our trip to the new museum. We will meet our former co-worker who is a docent and will give us the tour. Then we’ll have lunch in the museum cafe. I’ll let you know what I think of the museum.

I watched the Canadian election returns. “My” riding, Beausejour in NB, was third to be called. Liberal. I’m glad that Trudeau will hopefully remain your PM. (Hope he remains clean shaven and doesn’t return to the scruffy look 🙂)

Jackie, I finished The Killing. I really enjoyed it even though linking the killer to some of the evidence like the necklace and car was a stretch IMO. I was lucky to catch it this month on Prime because it is leaving this month and The Bridge is no longer available on Prime in the U.S. either. There is a streaming channel called Topic (new I think and not sure if it is available in Canada) that is showing a lot of Nordic and other international shows. There is a 7-day free trial and then $4.99/month I think. After I finish my .99 Showtime I’ll sign up to try Topic.

Pippi’s appointment is at 5. I’m not sure I’ll be home the full three hours ahead for her sedative but it should be enough time. Like many of you, I’m concerned about Pippi even though she’s eating fairly well. She’s sleeping in the closet right now.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Fixed it Mackie. I definitely needed coffee this morning.
Jackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Mackie, I made the decision some time ago not ever to have a replacement. Partly because I have ankle and thigh degeneration as well and there is no cure for that. I rely on knee injections, lots of leg strenthening, a reached and self taught pain techniques like massaging my own knees.

Haven't bern on here much lately and trying to get back.in the groove but this morning I'm off to my annual skin check.and pedicure time so I'll.check.back later.