Daily Check In September 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In September 21, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:05 pm Good afternoon!

Mid 70s and it's sunny/cloudy/sunny. Hear we're supposed to get more rain this evening.

So, Good News! Had my 2nd mammogram, followed by an ultrasound this morning. Radiologist says the new scans don't show anything concerning. The downside is I have to have another mammogram in 6 months to make sure nothing's changed. But I'll take it. And thank you all again for your good thoughts and prayers!

Outside of that ... I need to put some chicken in the freezer. Also have some leftover cooked chicken that get turned into pot pie for tonight. Perhaps I'll get some sewing in a bit later ...

Jackie, I don't blame you for being upset. I know repair folks must be swamped, but gee, be upfront about it ...
That is wonderful news! I’m so happy for you. (((Hugs)))
floridacatlover

I’m home from the museum. It was great. The building itself is spectacular with a spiral staircase between the four floors. The collection includes architectural elements, lighting, furniture, tiles and pottery. Some of the architectural elements are from Frank Lloyd Wright and there were some Tiffany lamps.

The main restaurant has not yet opened but we saw it by mistake when we walked down the stairs from the garage. We ate in the cafe which is inside but spacious and socially distanced. Our friend the docent pointed out the owner/gifter of the entire collection who was sitting at the next table. He made his money with an infusion therapy company which our friend said he sold for “a zillion $.”

I got Pippi’s sedative into her when I got home, about 2 1/2 hours ahead of her appointment which should be OK.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LWolfT wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:05 pm Good afternoon!

Mid 70s and it's sunny/cloudy/sunny. Hear we're supposed to get more rain this evening.

So, Good News! Had my 2nd mammogram, followed by an ultrasound this morning. Radiologist says the new scans don't show anything concerning. The downside is I have to have another mammogram in 6 months to make sure nothing's changed. But I'll take it. And thank you all again for your good thoughts and prayers!

Outside of that ... I need to put some chicken in the freezer. Also have some leftover cooked chicken that get turned into pot pie for tonight. Perhaps I'll get some sewing in a bit later ...

Jackie, I don't blame you for being upset. I know repair folks must be swamped, but gee, be upfront about it ...
That is the best news!!!!!
floridacatlover

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:41 pm good morning all

I slept like a log last night!! We didn't get up until 10!! By we - i'm including the pack. They just slept and slept. I was surprised.

I'm hungry and thinking of what I will eat. I've had one cup of coffee. Will probably have eggs and sausage. The sausage I bought last week was so good so bought more yesterday.

I've been reading about the immigration chaos down in Del Rio Texas.

Crazy times.
Clem, did you read the NYT story about the Haitians in Del Rio? It sounds like many of them have been living in third countries like Panama and Colombia, not Haiti. They should not be mistreated in Del Rio but if they are economic migrants and not true refugees, they should not be here IMO.
floridacatlover

ChristmasTrees wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:45 pm Hi All. I had my yearly cancer screening yesterday..and all is well! It has been 19 years since I had cancer and DH and I always hold our breath a little bit when I go for the mammo and ultrasound.
Beautiful Fall like day here.
Jackie...I do not understand why I repair person will say they will show up and then don't.....what is the point? It is so frustrating.
I think DH and I will work on firewood today...splitting and stacking.
Great news, Trees! Now you can really enjoy the Autumn and “your” Christmas season.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Wolf and Christmas Trees - wonderful news for both of you that your mammograms came out negative. I was a bit emotional when I went this year, one year post lumpectomy. But overjoyed when I received my results. A reminder to you all to please not skip your mammogram and wear aluminum free deodorant.

I went to get some groceries at Giant Tiger in the morning. They didn’t have some of the key ingredients I wished on hand so I ended up going to Safeway after lunch. I picked some fresh Swiss chard and radicchio from our garden and it took quite a while to wash it since it rained all night. I also made a large sheet pan full of butterscotch oa t squares, cut it up, wrapped in individual servings so it’s ready to grab and go.

I really should clean the ensuite bathroom but feel very tired. We shall see.

Have a wonderful day
Creative