Daily Check In September 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In September 21, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:19 pm Clem, did you read the NYT story about the Haitians in Del Rio? It sounds like many of them have been living in third countries like Panama and Colombia, not Haiti. They should not be mistreated in Del Rio but if they are economic migrants and not true refugees, they should not be here IMO.
yes have been reading the NYTimes and the Washington Post stories.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:05 pm Good afternoon!

Mid 70s and it's sunny/cloudy/sunny. Hear we're supposed to get more rain this evening.

So, Good News! Had my 2nd mammogram, followed by an ultrasound this morning. Radiologist says the new scans don't show anything concerning. The downside is I have to have another mammogram in 6 months to make sure nothing's changed. But I'll take it. And thank you all again for your good thoughts and prayers!

Outside of that ... I need to put some chicken in the freezer. Also have some leftover cooked chicken that get turned into pot pie for tonight. Perhaps I'll get some sewing in a bit later ...

Jackie, I don't blame you for being upset. I know repair folks must be swamped, but gee, be upfront about it ...
Wonderful news. I am glad all is well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:45 pm Hi All. I had my yearly cancer screening yesterday..and all is well! It has been 19 years since I had cancer and DH and I always hold our breath a little bit when I go for the mammo and ultrasound.
Beautiful Fall like day here.
Jackie...I do not understand why I repair person will say they will show up and then don't.....what is the point? It is so frustrating.
I think DH and I will work on firewood today...splitting and stacking.
How wonderful.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

My oven is finally fixed!!! I feel so much more relaxed however I have developed a headache from you know where. Need to take some pain relief and perhaps rest for awhile once I get the supper casserole together.

Household tasks are done, and I even managed another strip of blocks done on the quilt. Think I deserve a bit of down time now.
Jackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

Wolf and Trees,
So glad you medicals all came back free and clear. Such a relief after the anxiety and holding your breath waiting for results. Well, no you can exhale!

I got up around 8 am this morning. I stayed up late watching the election results and then when I went to bed and hit the clock radio to listen to evening shows, while falling asleep, the election was on and I heard Jagmeet Singh's concession speech. I tried to stay up to hear PM Justin Trudeau's but just didn't make it before fading out.

I had set the alarm today just in case Angela made it over to work on decluttering again. I then got a bit nervous and asked her not to come today because if the boys had been sick, I wanted some time in between. She actually messaged me back that they are still home from school and that she wasn't even going to visit her Dad. We will start again next Monday if things are better with the boys. I asked if she was going to take them to be tested but she didn't answer. I think she would if she felt it was going that way. Although, one never knows what others are really thinking. I know she is very concerned that no one gets it and everyone is vaccinated who can be. The fellow with MS has had some treatments and his doctors have scheduled his shot for next month. The other two boys, one is vaccinated and the other is only 7 so he is too young. I'm quite relieved to wait until they are better before we start again.

I've been watching the news out of Del Rio, Texas also. It's a real mess. When they first started saying they were almost all Haitians I couldn't figure out how they'd get to Mexico. I know they had that big earthquake this summer but couldn't figure out how so many would have been able to fly to get there. Like Florida, I was surprised to learn some of these folks have been living, mostly, in South America, some for 10 years or more! Don't know why they suddenly decided to all arrive in Texas. Biden is flying them home to Haiti. You'd think the ones seeing this and knowing it is being done would go back to their original countries of asylum. I just dont get it. Maybe they can interview someone and ask them why they all decided to come en masse and why they aren't going back to their asylum countries when they know they will be deported to Haiti. I'd like to know the answer to that.

I started a Netflix series on Terrorism. Man what those guys haven't tried to do. These are attacks in the planning that were all stopped by world anti-terrorist squads of various governments. Just learning in the current episode about the clowns who decided to make liquid bombs to carry on airplanes. Their plan was to disguise them as regular pop and gatorade and such. So that is why you can no longer bring any liquids on an aircraft in carry-on baggage. The things I am learning!

This afternoon, I did get a bit of "self-imposed" homework done. I went through the fridge and cleaned out a slew of old salad dressing bottles. Honestly, some had so little in them I wondered why I even bothered to put them back in there. I also found a slew of jars of pickle juice left over from pickles. I had been using it for my dill pickle cheese salad and saved it. I just didn't need THAT much. :mrgreen: Later tonight or tomorrow, I will take out the things that are staying and wipe down the interior. I will then move on to the freezer portion. A little bit helps a lot. It takes me a while to do stuff but this feels pretty positive to me. I also vacuumed up the living room this morning.

Not sure what supper will be. I was given a fresh frozen package of Tilapia. I've never cooked it before or eaten it. I have heard it is a mild fish taste. I'll look online for a recipe and see if I have the ingredients.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:21 pm Great news, Trees! Now you can really enjoy the Autumn and “your” Christmas season.
Thanks! yep...already working on Christmas plans....:)