Daily Check In September 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In September 21, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:20 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Wolf and Christmas Trees - wonderful news for both of you that your mammograms came out negative. I was a bit emotional when I went this year, one year post lumpectomy. But overjoyed when I received my results. A reminder to you all to please not skip your mammogram and wear aluminum free deodorant.

I went to get some groceries at Giant Tiger in the morning. They didn’t have some of the key ingredients I wished on hand so I ended up going to Safeway after lunch. I picked some fresh Swiss chard and radicchio from our garden and it took quite a while to wash it since it rained all night. I also made a large sheet pan full of butterscotch oa t squares, cut it up, wrapped in individual servings so it’s ready to grab and go.

I really should clean the ensuite bathroom but feel very tired. We shall see.

Have a wonderful day
Creative
Thank you. After 19 years DH and I still get a little emotional after the results come back and all is well.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:32 pm How wonderful.
Thanks Jackie...:)
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:35 pm Update

My oven is finally fixed!!! I feel so much more relaxed however I have developed a headache from you know where. Need to take some pain relief and perhaps rest for awhile once I get the supper casserole together.

Household tasks are done, and I even managed another strip of blocks done on the quilt. Think I deserve a bit of down time now.
Woo-Hoo on the fixed oven!!!!!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

MJ,
I have a recipe somewhere around here that calls for soaking boneless chicken in dill pickle juice before breading and frying for copycat chic-fil-a sandwiches...I made it once and it was good. I love chic-fil-a but we don't have it locally. I also made their dipping sauce and it was really good. Should make that again because I am on a french fry kick and it is great with fries.

I have been trying to read up on the Haitian refugee issue in Texas and I agree with FloridaCat but they should not be mistreated. I can't believe they won't go back to their country of asylum...I don't get it. I didn't even know there were that many.
JCKitty
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

jckitty wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:51 pm MJ,
I have a recipe somewhere around here that calls for soaking boneless chicken in dill pickle juice before breading and frying for copycat chic-fil-a sandwiches...I made it once and it was good. I love chic-fil-a but we don't have it locally. I also made their dipping sauce and it was really good. Should make that again because I am on a french fry kick and it is great with fries.

I have been trying to read up on the Haitian refugee issue in Texas and I agree with FloridaCat but they should not be mistreated. I can't believe they won't go back to their country of asylum...I don't get it. I didn't even know there were that many.
JCKitty
Kitty,

Could you post the recipes for both the chicken and the sauce? It might be something I could try after making my next batch of Pickle Cheese Salad!

Thank you!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.