Daily Check In September 21, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In September 21, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter, I am pretty sure I have ligament and tendon damage to go along with the arthritis that would only show up on an MRI, so I am willing to try the less drastic route for a long time. It seems like every doctor I see lately is scalpel happy, and I am not!
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Hopefully will be a quiet day today.

Went to my Coloring Group meeting yesterday and was glad to be there. There were about 9 of us and they had us spaced out fairly well for social distancing purposes. They did request us to wear our masks even though all of us are vaccinated and as expected none of us had any problems with that. It felt good to get together as a group again.

I confirmed the fact that the town senior center is again open. Might give that a try next week. I only wish it were on a different day of the week as that group falls on Tuesday and it would be better for my current situation if I could spread the activities throughout the week rather than two consecutive days.

Well I'm going to get me a sandwich.

Have a wonderful day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I am up and staying busy...instacart has delivered, the only thing refunded was the spiral cut ham... :( which is disappointing but can plan around it. I don't understand why Aldi's has them advertised but then they are unavailable but what do I know LOL. I will try again.

Stuff is wiped and put away, I have the semi-thawed chicken soaking in milk for frying and laundry done. My dog seems better this morning, he is eating okay and drinking well. Just slow and upset with the robo-vac LOL
It has been spitting rain, so laundry hung inside.

We are planning some work at DD's this afternoon/evening. I will take chicken and frozen fries to fix in her toaster oven. Salad on the side.

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have the garbage gathered and out. I had 2 bags well one tall kitchen and one H-E-B.

My shower was better this morning, no water on the floor, but I have to stand at the far end of the shower in order to be under the water.

When the office opens I will call and see if I can find out what he has found out.

I have some sinus pressure this morning. Mostly over the bridge of my nose and my forehead.

Breakfast this morning was blueberries and oatmeal. I don’t know what dinner will be yet. I have several choices.

Over the week, I slowly add to my H-E-B order. That way I am less likely to forget something I do need.

Penny
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Morning, friends. It's raining at the moment, which is fine. Audrey has been out, DH is back from getting his flu shot/picking up my Rx, and I have no plans to go anywhere, so let it rain on. Tomorrow is the first day of fall and the temps here are supposed to reflect that - highs in the mid-70s - which is wonderful.

Speaking of the rain, Audrey's meds (Amitriptyline) are working really well. She is lying quietly with me on the recliner as the rain comes down. Before meds, she would've been a panting, shaking mess. God bless modern medicine.

I've been crying off and on this morning since I found out that one of my closest friends has died and another (mostly cyber) friend is fighting for her life in the ICU. Damn Covid. It just seems like it will never end.

I had DH take a roast down from the freezer. I'll fix it in the oven tomorrow with lots of veggies. Then, the leftovers will become beef veggie soup. Yet another reason I love fall -- I can make soup. I decorated my house for fall as well and posted some pics on FB.

As for supper tonight......hmm. I think I'll make a big salad and bake a frozen pizza. Hope y'all have a good day.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning all

I slept like a log last night!! We didn't get up until 10!! By we - i'm including the pack. They just slept and slept. I was surprised.

I'm hungry and thinking of what I will eat. I've had one cup of coffee. Will probably have eggs and sausage. The sausage I bought last week was so good so bought more yesterday.

I've been reading about the immigration chaos down in Del Rio Texas.

Crazy times.