Covid Losses

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Covid Losses

Post by chocolite »

I'm so tired of this virus, y'all. I just found out a dear, dear friend of mine died of Covid. She'd been battling it for a couple weeks and wasn't doing well, but.......I don't know, I guess I just thought her absolute love of life, her strength of will would somehow bring her through. She was crazy, CRAZY about Micky Mouse stuff and Christmas...even had Christmas in July every summer, complete with tree and everything. She has one son, one granddaughter, and two tiny great grands, and a husband who loves her more than life. She played organ for her church. We became really close friends when I lived in California back in the 80s, then lost touch, then reconnected through FB a few years ago. Since then, we picked up right where we left off, communicating all the time through private messaging and phone. I will miss my friend so, so much.

And then, this morning I read on FB that another lady I LOVE is in the ICU fighting for her life. She's fought through so many health battles, including a stroke and most recently breast cancer/double mastectomy/reconstruction. She's the type who posts funny, inappropriate memes that make you laugh out loud. She paints kids' faces for free at community events, for God's sake. She has kids still in high school and a husband who would be absolutely devastated without her.

When will this horrible virus end?
Last edited by chocolite on Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty
ChristmasTrees

Re: Covid Losses

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Patty...I am so sorry for your loss and for yet another friend battling covid. It seems so never ending.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, I am so sorry. There's a particular cruelty and unfairness in this happening to two ladies with such a zest for living and who do so much for their friends, family and communities. (((hugs)))

I heard on the radio this morning that Covid deaths in the US now match the number of deaths from the Spanish Influenza in 1918-19. Such a tragedy in both cases.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Patty, (((Hugs))) ...
Sending out prayers for you friend ... it seems particularly unfair that this should strike after she's fought so hard.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

(((Patty)))
I hear you and agree ... I have gotten to the point that I have to try to not think about it because it keeps me on the brink of tears and sometimes I feel like could go right over the edge.
I am sorry for the loss of your friend and will keep you and yours in my prayers.

JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Patty, I’m so sorry to hear about your friends. The scary thing about Covid is it seems you never know who will have a light case and who will have a life-threatening illness. Recently a 24-year-old teacher a few counties over died. His mother said he was an athlete with no underlying health conditions. It was unclear whether he was vaccinated but I’m guessing no.