Daily Check In September 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In September 22, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

Another beautiful fall day here today. It came pretty close to freezing point last night and warmed up to 70 in the afternoon. The harvest moon was beautiful early this morning and I took a photo. Today is Mid Autumn Moon Festival as celebrated by the Chinese and I believe all Asian races. It always falls on the date of the autumn equinox. Traditionally as a young child, my Dh would be very excited to go outside after dark with his candle lit paper lantern and walk around the neighborhood and join up with other kids. They would be given candy and small coins. So very similar to our celebration of Halloween. Moon cake is traditionally served. We are able to get it from Superstore here, but didn’t this year as we’ve done so in the past as Dh didn’t like the cake. Neither did I or our girls so kind of a waste.

I did my usual work in our yard today and also cleaned two bathrooms in the morning. Got my walk in for the morning, had a very quick lunch and then left for a Fun, Active, Babes activity ( offered through our 55Plus Centre. It was a fall walk in a historical park, one I used to work at in the mid 1970’s while attending university. So I know all the buildings and history behind them all. It was fun to have a stroll down memory lane and lovely weather to enjoy. Quite a few visitors, which is great. By the license plates, I observed most were American visitors. Tomorrow I really must stay home. Lately I have been off to play far too much!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:40 pm Good evening beautiful people,

Another beautiful fall day here today. It came pretty close to freezing point last night and warmed up to 70 in the afternoon. The harvest moon was beautiful early this morning and I took a photo. Today is Mid Autumn Moon Festival as celebrated by the Chinese and I believe all Asian races. It always falls on the date of the autumn equinox. Traditionally as a young child, my Dh would be very excited to go outside after dark with his candle lit paper lantern and walk around the neighborhood and join up with other kids. They would be given candy and small coins. So very similar to our celebration of Halloween. Moon cake is traditionally served. We are able to get it from Superstore here, but didn’t this year as we’ve done so in the past as Dh didn’t like the cake. Neither did I or our girls so kind of a waste.

I did my usual work in our yard today and also cleaned two bathrooms in the morning. Got my walk in for the morning, had a very quick lunch and then left for a Fun, Active, Babes activity ( offered through our 55Plus Centre. It was a fall walk in a historical park, one I used to work at in the mid 1970’s while attending university. So I know all the buildings and history behind them all. It was fun to have a stroll down memory lane and lovely weather to enjoy. Quite a few visitors, which is great. By the license plates, I observed most were American visitors. Tomorrow I really must stay home. Lately I have been off to play far too much!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
Creative...the Moon Festival sounds beautiful!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:13 pm Update:

Just popping in to ask for prayers for my DD1...she is sick and running a fever, scared of it because of Covid.
Hoping it is just a seasonal thing, she has allergies and today had to work in the cold rain part of the time, people out buying mums in this weather :roll:
She says she can't get warm...she has tomorrow off and I told her that if she needs to go to the ER to just do it. The ER scares me but I am at a loss as to what else i can do.
Yes she is vaccinated but works with the public ...I HATE this virus.
Prayers please.
JCKitty
Absolutely saying prayers for your DD.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:34 pm small vent

we were at DH's mother s place

The hospice nurse came and she parked her car on the ramp !!!

BIL asked her to move the car she didn't

when Dh and went to leave I had to ask her to move her car, she did stop working on MIL and moved the car

BUT who does that ?

DH uses a walker and NEEDS the ramp to get in and out.

I would win awards for bad parking, but I would have moved off of the ramp!!!

IC
You can't fix stupid.