Daily Check In September 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 22, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning, just starting us off. Headed for the coffee pot.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 22, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is supposed to reach the high 20's C today, supposedly 6 degrees warmer than yesterday, cold front will arrive sometime overnight tonight according to the weather pundits. So today is going to be a busy one.

I will be baking bread (had enough for yesterday), making salsa, making eggplant parma (oven fixed and working like a charm), as well as the usual household tasks. I also want to get out and do a bit of plant dumping. I will get rid of those tender plants that want to go mushy at the first sign of frost.

Looking down the hallway at boxes of unripe tomatoes and wondering what on earth I am going to do with them all. I think that tomorrow I will be looking up recipes for salsa verde and green tomato chutney.

Then at some point this afternoon I want to finish the last set of blocks for the quilt and put a border on it. I also have a request for a special patch to be added. I will cut that later and hopefully applique it on tomorrow before sandwiching. I should with any luck be finished this project by the end of the week. That gives me a bit of time to see what else I can get done on the project list.

I am also going to start the biweekly shopping list (plus the small list of things I need this week and will be purchasing at some point today). I never noticed the last while how low things have been getting, especially in the items that I don't always use. So I will be going through pantries and getting those items down on paper as well as trying to accumulate baking supplies for Christmas and other times. After the past few years of seeing empty shelves and low stock I am going to be prepared for whatever this winter brings. Or at least as prepared as is possible.

Even though the oven is fixed and I plan on making eggplant parma, I am going to make potato leek soup for our supper. I found a new recipe a few weeks ago and decided to give it another try. I may just use up the remainder of the bag of chicken and make chicken salad sandwiches (or buns) instead of the ham salad I had planned on.

Today I am grateful for what looks like another busy day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

First day of fall and we finally have some cooler weather!

Everyone is so excited. I even got to wear my big fuzzy robe for about ten minutes - lol

Its really not cold enough for that yet. It plunged down to 72 degrees!!!

Hopefully tomorrow will see it in the high 50s. Soup time!

Have a great day all

I didn't sleep through the night, had different weird dreams, but feel good anyway.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone.

That's great that your oven is finally repaired. Let the baking commence! :)

It is absolutely pouring down rain here. At least the wind has slacked off. It was rather scary driving to work, as some of the streets were beginning to flood at the right-hand side. People did moderate their driving for once this morning.

Yesterday I made a little work expenditure of an odd thing. The rubber bumpers under the office toilet seat are missing and if the seat falls down, it makes a very loud bang. This happens about once a day and is rather startling. The university does not fix things that simply annoy the staff, so there's no point in asking to be reimbursed.

Now I just have to remember to bring a tube of super glue from home, and not accidentally glue my fingers to the underside of the toilet seat. :-D

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Pouring rain here, and we're in the mid-50s, our high for the day. We must have had a lightning strike nearby, since the power went off briefly during my first try at this.

Jackie, I have a recipe for slow-cooker beef that uses green tomatoes. If you're interested, I can send you the basic instructions. (The actual recipe is now behind a paywall, so I can't send the link.)

I'd like it to stop raining for a bit so I can do some errands. If not, I have plenty of other things to do. Have perused the grocery ads and see a few good deals, but don't want to run around town to get them. Think I can grab most of my needed stuff at one store and decide on the rest later.

A big thank you to everyone for the congratulations and kind wishes yesterday. Trees, hurrah for your good report!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Wolf it is raining here also, and very cool...predicted high today is 58...I don't know why but I am always shocked when our weather goes from high 80's to 50's overnight LOL.

DD that works at the landscaping company/greenhouse says it is quite miserable...warm and very muggy inside and cold outside, hard to figure out how to dress. It is very cool in my house but heat will not be turned on. I will dress for it.
Usual house chores and will probably do floors. I will be turning on my twinkle lights.
The fiance "thinks" he has a taker for the sofa and chair from parents house. I sure hope so... I would gladly donate it to an Afghan refugee family but there aren't any locally.

Not much else going on here, have a good day all.

JCKitty