Daily Check In September 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In September 22, 2021

Post by jckitty »

MJ,
I don't know if you keep it on hand but if you have some salsa you could add some to your chili to replace the jalapeno/green pepper.
I know I am weird but chili is my least favorite food. Maybe because it was my mom's go-to main dish, then she would add macaroni to it after having served it 2 or 3 times...just can't do it very often.

I just had a blueberry bagel with cream cheese and butter for "brunch". It is still raining, and feels chilly in the house, might have to break out a small electric heater.

I had to carry my dog to his potty spot because he was refusing to go out in the rain, I set him down and he went but wanted back in ASAP. Silly baby.
JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:45 am Hello friends.

No cool fall weather here. Generally our weather starts cooling down in mid-October. The electric bill I got a few days ago was the highest for the season surprisingly.
Hey Florida, my niece came across this on Facebook today:

Today is the end of summer in Florida. What does that mean?

NOTHING!!!!!!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:11 am Good morning, Jackie and everyone.

That's great that your oven is finally repaired. Let the baking commence! :)

It is absolutely pouring down rain here. At least the wind has slacked off. It was rather scary driving to work, as some of the streets were beginning to flood at the right-hand side. People did moderate their driving for once this morning.

Yesterday I made a little work expenditure of an odd thing. The rubber bumpers under the office toilet seat are missing and if the seat falls down, it makes a very loud bang. This happens about once a day and is rather startling. The university does not fix things that simply annoy the staff, so there's no point in asking to be reimbursed.

Now I just have to remember to bring a tube of super glue from home, and not accidentally glue my fingers to the underside of the toilet seat. :-D

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
If they change the seat, see if they can get one of those that closes slowly.

https://www.lowes.com/pl/Slow-close-lid--Toilet-seats-Toilets-toilet-seats-Bathroom/4294737208?refinement=4294799746
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hi all,

Quiet and a warm day here, temp to be near 80 degrees. Today its the sister who complained about it being "warm".

Anyway, went through 2 closets yesterday and got rid of about 20 items of clothing I will NEVER, EVER get in again. Even gave away the prettiest one which was a black 2 piece outfit with red stripes and white polka dots. It broke my heart, but I knew I had to do it. Hopefully someone will love it as much as I did.

Went to the Senior Center club meeting yesterday but wasn't comfortable. There was no social distancing and no one was wearing a mask. It's going to take me a bit more time before I'm brave enough to deal with that environment.

Glad fall TV is back on, not that I watch as much as I used to, but at least its something to do once I finish up my fun activities for the day.

Well have a good one all.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:03 pm If they change the seat, see if they can get one of those that closes slowly.

https://www.lowes.com/pl/Slow-close-lid--Toilet-seats-Toilets-toilet-seats-Bathroom/4294737208?refinement=4294799746
Those are nice, but we won't get one. It's always the cheapest thing possible. Aside from the noise, I want the bumpers on this one so it won't break. That way I won't have to put the toilet seat back together with glue and duct tape!
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

I just looked at the report for yesterday's Mammogram. Looks like they will be calling my back for "more views". It seems to happen to me every other year. I am an F cup size, so they can't see everything.

As for my Doctor's visit, I liked the guy. We talked about scientific studies. He wants to try me on a statin and is sending me for an ultrasound of my liver. He says my numbers are slightly off and have been for several years. Just a precaution.

We had a cold front arrive last night and it is only 57 deg. F. And rainy. It rained Monday, and yesterday too. We need it.

Have a great day,
Maggie