Daily Check In September 22, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In September 22, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

No cool fall weather here. Generally our weather starts cooling down in mid-October. The electric bill I got a few days ago was the highest for the season surprisingly.

I did not feel like going out to do my banking today but I got it done. Withdrew money from one CD to cover the property taxes on mom’s house, due in November, and home insurance, due in January. The bank where I have the checking account for mom’s house is right next door to the bank with the CD so very convenient. I’m glad I got it done because the sky is already looking dark.

Pippi got on the bed and woke me about 5:30 so I gave her wet food and then went back to bed and fell asleep. When I woke up around 7 she was trying to climb onto the bed but couldn’t make it. Broke my heart. I’m hoping she still has some of the sedative in her and that is why she had trouble. She has been getting on the sofa and coffee table this morning no problem.

I need to do some cleaning today, have a few phone calls and then I’ll read and start my Paris puzzle.

Have a good day.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning friends. It is a lovely 63° here right now and I am in heaven. This weather is absolutely perfect to me. Highs in the mid-70s, lows down to the 50s...it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if it stayed this way a good LONG time.

I have a PT appointment this afternoon - the first since we got back from vacation - and I can't wait. My knee tried to go out from under me again this morning. It's so scary. I'm doing my exercises but I'm hoping he can give me some different ones to try as well. Plus, I think I'm going to check into renewing a membership at the Y. I sure did love doing exercises in the pool last week. It's sometimes overwhelming to do everything I need to do to get there and into the water and that's my hesitation. I won't do it at the same time I'm doing PT, that would be just too much. But I'm considering it.

Supper tonight will be roast with carrots/potatoes/celery and biscuits. As soon as I finish this check in I'm going to go get everything prepped and into the roaster. I'll pop it into the fridge for now, then I'll put it in a slow oven before I leave for PT this afternoon. That way it'll be falling-apart tender by 5pm, which is when we usually eat.
Patty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:21 am Good morning ...
Pouring rain here, and we're in the mid-50s, our high for the day. We must have had a lightning strike nearby, since the power went off briefly during my first try at this.

Jackie, I have a recipe for slow-cooker beef that uses green tomatoes. If you're interested, I can send you the basic instructions. (The actual recipe is now behind a paywall, so I can't send the link.)

I'd like it to stop raining for a bit so I can do some errands. If not, I have plenty of other things to do. Have perused the grocery ads and see a few good deals, but don't want to run around town to get them. Think I can grab most of my needed stuff at one store and decide on the rest later.

A big thank you to everyone for the congratulations and kind wishes yesterday. Trees, hurrah for your good report!
Thanks.... :D
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

A rainy day here as well. Granddaughter's soccer game is cancelled...not sorry..LOL. I feel absolutely lazy today.
Happy Fall everyone!
It is that time of year when I go through every single closet and drawer..sorting and purging. Where does the stuff come from???
I plan on spending some time looking in my cookbooks this afternoon for some new ideas.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

I'm sorry that I don't read and post every day, I have no idea why ??? :| :|

Dogs walked and fed.

Leslies, the pool people were going to come today to clean the filter, it's something that I just can't do. They called and the teck is out sick??? they hopefully will come tomorrow.

I put the dishes away, but I got lazy (GGGGRRR) and very carelessly put one of my favorite glass mixing bowls up and it fell land took another bowl with it.

I'm waiting for DH to leave the kitchen so that I can clean up all of the glass.

IC
Last edited by icfrugal1 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

I got up at 6:20 am this morning. I checked the clock and wondered if I could stay in bed long enough to hear the 6:30 am CBC news. NOPE! So I got up and watched some morning news on CNN.

I've gotten the dishwasher unloaded and loaded up again, not quite ready to run it yet. I got some of the canning jars from Zoe in the dishwasher to return to her for refilling. :D I have a quarter of a black garbage bag of salad dressings and odds and ends of stuff I don't know how long it's been in the fridge. I'm hoping to get the inside washed out this afternoon, especially the veggie drawer.

I cannot think of anything else on my agenda for today. If I get far enough into the fridge cleaning, I will then sort through the freezer and wash it out tomorrow. I got some stuff cleared on one of the kitchen counter. Could stand to take the appliances off of another one to free up space there too. I'll see how far I get.

We have lovely weather today. A nice sunshine and 59F/15C. Perfectly beautiful weather in my book. I'm with Patty, I could live with some warm days interspersed with these cooler days. That wouldn't make the farmers happy though. They need a LOT of rain to replenish the groundwater so that the dugouts for cow/livestock watering will fill next spring. They also want a lot of snow this winter. I guess I'll have to brace for it!!

For supper tonight I am making chili. It won't be my usual as I haven't the money to go buy a green pepper and a couple of jalapenos. I also don't know if I want to use my red onion in it or onion powder. Need to get onions again too. I am soaking kidney beans and will cook them to go into the chili. Chili is my all time favorite food. I thawed out some hamburger last night in the fridge so it will be pretty good even without my "greens." :D

I'll probably have a cheese sandwich for lunch and watch another episode of Terrorism. Today, I watched an episode about some white supremacist that wanted to blow-up a Martin Luther King Jr. March in Seattle. Wow, there's just too much domestic terrorism!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.