Daily Check In September 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2021

Post by chocolite »

Oh Kitty......ongoing prayers for your daughter and the whole family, including (((you))).

I just heard there has been a shooting at a local Kroger. Not the one I regularly go to, although I have gone to this one a few times before, as it's less than 10 miles from us. One person dead, 13 injured, and apparently the gunman took himself out. If only he'd done that BEFORE killing anyone else. This world...it's just gone crazy.
Patty
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Patty,
I was just reading about that shooting...horrible.
You take care .

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:17 pm Update:
DD1 has tested positive for Covid as has another coworker whose husband just got over it.
She is worried and scared but feeling better than last night. Will update later.
JCKitty
I hope she has as mild a case as our oldest son did. I will continue to pray for her and you as I know you are very worried about your baby, just like I was.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Thank you for all the prayers, please keep them coming. Her hubby is quarantining because his boss said he needs a negative test...he is not upset.
Grand in school that is vet tech has to stay home for a week also...office protocol . I am quarantining because we were all together at girls night last Friday. So basically the whole extended family is in quarantine.
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening beautiful people,

This is my second attempt to post. Kitty I am so sorry your Dd has Covid and wish her a complete and quick recovery. I can only imagine how worried you must be.

Floridacatlover I hope Pippi returns back to her usual spry self, but you have done all you possibly can and your devotion to your beloved cat is so admirable.

Patty I don’t know what to say and sometimes wonder what the world is coming to. Dd1 had been to that supermarket in Boulder, Colorado that had a similar tragedy. The MRI imagery work of her research is performed in the hospital at Boulder so she travels there quite frequently. She wasn’t in the store at the time, but that incident certainly shook her up!

I had three tasks that I wanted to complete today : 1. Run at least 5 km in preparation for my fundraising run on October 3rd. 2. Clean the ensuite bathroom 3. Touch up the roots of my hair with colour. Sounds simple enough, right?

Well only got two done as I inadvertently put my cell phone in a jacket with a ripped pocket. After the run, I was going to do my “ apple picking “ and put the phone in my pocket. Of course the phone fell out and I broke my screen. It’s an IPhone SE, so definitely an older model. Long story short, I ended up with a new phone - an iPhone 12 mini as the screen repair would cost $70.00. I consider it an early Christmas gift. And I ended up switching providers as Virgin could offer me a better deal than Koodo. The cost for activating the phone was waved and I get more data for the same price, so the decision was a no brainer. And they transferred everything over for me. Just some Apps require me to log in again and fill in the passwords. Thank goodness I keep a list. That took at least two hours out of my time..

I didn’t get my hair done, but will do it tomorrow morning. I am tired and just want to relax.

It’s now a requirement for anyone in Ontario 12 plus to show a vaccination passport before being allowed inside any non essential service. Dd1 laminated Dh and my papers , which we’ll use until the provincial government gets a phone app in place. I hope I remember to take it along with me when necessary.

Have a peaceful evening everyone and best not to watch the news!
Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:51 pm Di I tell you that my DS2 was using his Grandmother's china at his new apartment? LOL. He needed dishes, his Dad had the china and gave it to him. LOL. And the Gold-plated cutlery service Ex's grandmother won playing bingo at church and was so proud to give us. I always thought it was gaudy, but used it when I used the China beca0es of the memories associated with it. I took to everyday dishes and cutlery when I moved out and left him the formal stuff because they had come from his family. But he is not a sentimental as I am.
Maggie,

I LOVE it! Just make sure he saves a few plates and silverware from the dishwasher so they will still look nice when he has a girlfriend over for dinner. As newlywed I wasn't aware of all the things a dishwasher could do and ruined a really nice silver-rimmed crystal bowl by using the dishwasher. Now? Handwashing!

I hope to leave a few pieces of my china in the cupboard so on some nights I can get swanky and eat off the china!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.