Daily Check In September 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:17 pm Update:
DD1 has tested positive for Covid as has another coworker whose husband just got over it.
She is worried and scared but feeling better than last night. Will update later.
JCKitty
Oh Kitty, I’m so sorry. I hope your DD has as mild a case as possible. Thankfully she is vaccinated.

Is this the DD who just had the baby and the mom of your grands? I think so because I think you only have 2 DD. Hope the children and the husband stay healthy. Is the garden shop where she works outdoors or indoors/outdoors? Shows we are not safe anywhere.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, if her doctor does telehealth visits, it can be very helpful. Mine did and told me some supplements and over the counter meds to take that made me much more comfortable while I had Covid.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

FloridaCat,
yes same DD ... she didn't get the 2nd shot...ii yi yi she didn't tell me that till now...but at this point it is what it is.
Everyone is pitching in and she said the weird part is she feels somewhat better today, and now that she knows it is a positive test she feels like at least she knows what she is up against if that makes any sense at all.

Yes she works for the landscaping company, and it is inside and outside work. She was all worried about missing work but I told her that her job now is to take care of herself and isolate. Everyone there has now been exposed.

She got weepy when I told her people were praying for her, that tells me is is worn out.

Mackie, she can't do a telehealth visit but has been told what meds and supplements to take, thank you for the info!!!
JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:17 pm Update:
DD1 has tested positive for Covid as has another coworker whose husband just got over it.
She is worried and scared but feeling better than last night. Will update later.
JCKitty
Oh no...I just can't even stand it.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

Kitty,
Oh my! Finding out you have COVID must be a nightmare for your daughter and her family. I sure hope the extra meds and supplements make a difference and she will be in recovery in no time quick. I'll add her to my nightly prayer.

Florida,
I am glad to hear Pippi is still drinking and had her lunch. Maybe she is contemplative today and doesn't feel like talking? Prayers for your beloved Pippi too!

I finished the Netflix series, Terror Close Call. I learned so much history and how they get these clowns before they can carry out their planned attacks. Good thing for the USA National Security Agency as they supplied most of the intel to Europe to stop multiple attacks. I started a new series, Spycraft. Holy Smoly! Spies do some very, VERY sneaky things. The Ruskies sure have some ways of killing people too. Today I watched and episode on hiding microphones, cameras and other listening devices and one on using poisons. Very interesting history and insight into how all this stuff is done and how they find out who the spies were/are. The one stupid thing I learned was that the USA had the new embassy in Russia built using Russian materials and Russian workers. The place was laden with microphones, cameras and more! The one USA guy said it was unusable and that the only way to be assured of no spy stuff inside would be to import their own materials and labor. I didn't catch what (if they said) they are currently using for an embassy over there. I highly recommend both series if your a history buff or want to learn something new.

Today is a day for cleaning the bathroom counters and all of dust and washing up the mirror. I also need to put some bread in the machine after this post.

We had a HUGE fire in town on Tuesday night, HUGE! a 47 unit Condo building caught on fire, from the live feed, it looks like it started on someone's balcony, maybe a barbecue grill of a small thing like a Hibachi? It was a wooden framed building and the entire top floor is burned off and the third floor is pretty much a disaster too. The first and second floor still exist but with so much smoke and fire damage I think the entire rest of the building is unsalvageable and will have to be destroyed and rebuilt sometime in the future. I mention this as it gives me the opportunity to donate some of my decluttered kitchen pots and pans for some of the evacuees who have to find a new place to settle into. The fire started a little after 8 pm and the Red Cross said that they were processing people into the emergency hotel until 3 am. I don't have a clue as to how they will find housing in this town. Our vacancy rate is almost zero and house prices are CRAZY. Even with the crazy house prices though, houses are selling within a week of being listed. I hope they had insurance on their condos and can get finances to help them start over with things. I could REALLY help them out if they wanted china and books!

I learned today that the reason Haitian immigrants are going to the USA border after living in Chili and other South American countries (often for 10 years or more) is that the economies of those countries collapsed with the pandemic and they decided to take their chances on getting into the USA. Mexico has taken quite a few people and has flown them to Chiapas (wherever that is at) and some may decide to go back to their original country of asylum or Mexico now that they are learning there are deportations to Haiti. I do not know what the solution to this mess is. I just know those kids sure didn't ask for a life like this. . . :cry:

I had my leftover chili for lunch. I didn't have a lot of kidney beans so couldn't make my usual large batch to enjoy for about 4 days or so. I got two meals from it and that was good. I can't remember who mentioned Salsa, I didn't have that but I had THREE bottles of Siracha Sauce in the fridge. Two of them were almost empty (why did I keep those?!) and I rinsed them into the chili. Was just extra spicy enough for me! Very good.

Not too sure what I'll get into after I start the bread. I'll find something though! I think supper tonight might be a sandwich of some kind with the fresh bread.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:30 pm FloridaCat,
yes same DD ... she didn't get the 2nd shot...ii yi yi she didn't tell me that till now...but at this point it is what it is.
Everyone is pitching in and she said the weird part is she feels somewhat better today, and now that she knows it is a positive test she feels like at least she knows what she is up against if that makes any sense at all.

Yes she works for the landscaping company, and it is inside and outside work. She was all worried about missing work but I told her that her job now is to take care of herself and isolate. Everyone there has now been exposed.

She got weepy when I told her people were praying for her, that tells me is is worn out.

Mackie, she can't do a telehealth visit but has been told what meds and supplements to take, thank you for the info!!!
JCKitty
Even though she only had one shot, I believe she’ll be protected from the worst symptoms. Plus, since she’s young her shot probably was not that long ago so more protection.