Daily Check In September 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

We woke up to a terrible crashing sound. A tree came down across our road and into our driveway. It took out the wires to the three houses above us.
Waiting for the power company to clear it.
As you know..we have spent thousands in the past two years taking down dead trees around our property. Dead ash from the ash borers.
We have been asking the power company to remove that tree and one next to it...for two years. They have done trimming..but not removal. This tree was very dead and leaning toward the power lines...but...not on our property..so we couldn't remove it. It was totally inevitable that it would fall and take out the wires.
Very thankful no one was hurt.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by ChristmasTrees » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:20 am

itspennyc wrote: ↑Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:44 am
I got my flu shot this morning. I was even given a lolly pop. I don’t think I have gotten one of those in years with shots. I did pick up the iron and vitamin C

I started a dress wash, I will hang to dry finish drying before I take a nap today.

I wanted a pumpkin bread mix but they were out. It is on this weeks ad. I will order it when I can get it. I printed a recipe for pumpkin bread I may make that. I will know how much pumpkin is in it.

I was able to finally get the ice off the bottom of my freezer.

I need to inventory my frozen vegetables, to see what I need to add to my list.

I have been looking at Advent Calendars for toddlers. I have seen some cute ones. I will need to think about it.

Penny
I love that you were given a lolly pop! Why not?
After he gave me the Lolly Pop, I told him getting older is not an option but growing up is, he laughed.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went outside earlier and saw a big puddle of water by the wall next to the kitchen sink

Drat - told the COD. He went to check it out. Not happy. And then he told me that the whole yard was wet and then I noticed there was water in the driveway of the vacant house

Then I saw water gushing out of their sewer line clean out thing. Yuck. I knew I smelled something last night.

OUr whole side yard is wet. I let the city know and found a number for the owners.

Nothing yet
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:32 pm Went outside earlier and saw a big puddle of water by the wall next to the kitchen sink

Drat - told the COD. He went to check it out. Not happy. And then he told me that the whole yard was wet and then I noticed there was water in the driveway of the vacant house

Then I saw water gushing out of their sewer line clean out thing. Yuck. I knew I smelled something last night.

OUr whole side yard is wet. I let the city know and found a number for the owners.

Nothing yet
UGH...hope they get that leak fixed soon.
Patty
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Clem, that is disgusting. I wonder if that is considered to be a public health hazard?

Trees,
I am watching 2 dead ash trees on the brothers side of the creek ...both are leaning towards the road and IF they come down there will be power lines involved and a huge mess. I just hope they don't twist and come down on my property. I have had all of my dead trees removed and some of his that fell over the creek...on my own dime! I am not willing to pay for clean up of his responsibility. He won't take dead trees down because he says let nature take its course.
Glad no one was hurt.

JCKitty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...
It's 60 right now and sunny, so temps may go up a bit. Had the heat on for a bit this morning to take off the chill, and also to make sure it's working properly.

Just got back from a trip to Meijer. Generally don't do my weekly shopping there, but they had the best price on milk, plus a couple of things I can't find at other stores. I did note that they had almost no sugar on the shelves. And come to think of it, Kroger didn't have much when I was there last week. Don't know if that's a sign of production/delivery issues, or if the stores are short-staffed and shelves aren't getting stocked as quickly.

Kitty, prayers going out for your DD. Does her doc do virtual visits?
Florida, good thoughts going out to Pippi. It is good that she's eating. Is she drinking water?
Trees, hope they get that tree out of your driveway quickly!
Clem ... yuck!