Daily Check In September 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:30 pm After he gave me the Lolly Pop, I told him getting older is not an option but growing up is, he laughed.

Penny
LOL!!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:32 pm Went outside earlier and saw a big puddle of water by the wall next to the kitchen sink

Drat - told the COD. He went to check it out. Not happy. And then he told me that the whole yard was wet and then I noticed there was water in the driveway of the vacant house

Then I saw water gushing out of their sewer line clean out thing. Yuck. I knew I smelled something last night.

OUr whole side yard is wet. I let the city know and found a number for the owners.

Nothing yet
Oh yuck!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT, yes Pippi is drinking out of both her upstairs bowl and downstairs fountain. She wanted some “lunch” (didn’t meow but walked around the kitchen) and ate most of it. Thank you.

Christmas Trees, glad the tree only hit your driveway. Two streets over from mom’s street is a street with many big oaks. I used to say I wish we lived on that street but I’ve changed my mind. Homes are very dark and the area is treacherous in storms. Just a few days ago I saw a big part of a tree partially blocking the street that looked like it had been struck by lightning.

Clem, yuck! Hope the sewer water is cleaned up quickly.

Kitty, I’m continuing to pray for your DD ❤️.

I’m home from mom’s house, showered, lotioned and potioned as Kitty says. I trimmed the schefflera and did a lot of cleanup work on the side. I tried cutting a ligustrum limb with the Japanese saw but just could not do it. I have to admit to myself there are things I can’t do. I believe this limb was cut by neighbor and is wedged in the tree. Neighbor trimmed the part of the tree that hangs over the fence a year ago and did not do a good job IMO. It can wait until I have other tree work.

Pippi and I will have a quiet afternoon. She is in the living room and not the closet so that is good.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:42 am Good morning friends.

I’m going to go to mom’s house and do something. I may get out the Japanese saw and cut some limbs off the ligustrum in the back yard. Plus I have a big limb I never cut up. It is harder without having someone to hold it.

Pippi does not seem to be herself. I don’t think she’s in pain and she ate a good breakfast but she is very quiet. It may be almost time for her to cross the rainbow bridge but I’ve thought that before and she rebounded.

Like Clem I’ve been having weird dreams and had one last night. That’s what woke me up this morning. It involved one of my favorite former cars, 1976 Ford Mustang, which I sold to a co-worker back in the 1980s.

Have a good day.
Praying for you and Pippi, it's so hard .

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

dogs feed and walked.

took DH out for breakfast, (so to speak) had BB and Sophie drinks with us, and took them to the park DH stays in the car and eat and drinks his coffee in the car while the dogs and I walk around the park.

Still have to dress DH's foot and leg, I like to do it in the morning and have it done for the day.

Starting a nice beef stew in the crockpot. Onions are in right now,I'll add the meat in an hour or so.

IC
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:
DD1 has tested positive for Covid as has another coworker whose husband just got over it.
She is worried and scared but feeling better than last night. Will update later.
JCKitty