Daily Check In September 24, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 24, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Walk done (boy was it ever chilly, must get used to this once again), dusting done, living room tidied, vacuuming done. Now I am off to do some sewing. Looking forward to getting this quilt completed tout de suite and moving on to the next project (probably the matching/sort of matching small pillow).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

My lovely boss and I are having thermostat wars. He* has the AC going and I am freezing to death, so the space heater is blasting away beside my desk. My next unreimbursed work purchase may be one of the magnetic covers to go over the AC vent on the wall opposite my desk. :-D

*He is from the Midwest and walks around all winter without a coat on because "it's not cold here." I am a senior citizen with a failing thyroid and am COLD.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I washed my hair, rotated my mattress, and have the clean bottom sheet on my bed.

My hair brushes are soaking. I have gathered and put out the trash. The white wash is in the dryer the sheets are in the washer. I have refilled 2 quart vinegar bottles.

My H-E-B order is scheduled to be here between 9:30 and 10:30.

I am very pleased with how the elephant came out.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Mackie,
I can so relate! one of the guys i used to work with was a severe alcoholic, always dripping with sweat. He would put the AC on 64 and it was awful! I ran my heater almost continuously. I dressed for winter almost year round. The only year that I welcomed the AC was 2012.... the year the memes were saying "satan wanted his heat back". I do NOT miss that place!

I have my house chores done and DD texted to let me know she does not have fever but just feels drained. I related experiences from you all that have encountered the virus...it is normal to feel like that.
She said she has been setting out in the fresh air and it felt good to have the sunshine on her.

I trimmed and shaped DD2's hair last night, she tried to go to "the clip joint" but sign on the door said closed...no workers. I do a good job and its free so win-win! She was very happy with my work, I will not work on naturally curly hair...beyond my capabilities.

JCKitty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Mackie, can you just tape a piece of cardboard over the vent? We did that in an office and it worked really well. Funny thing is, the guy (boss) who kept cranking down the A/C never even noticed. If he had, he would've made us take it down for aesthetics. But we figured what he didn't know wouldn't hurt us, lol.

Good morning all and happy Friday. I'm heading out in a minute to run some errands. I'm picking up an item I bought off FB and groceries from Kroger. I've been doing either Walmart or Aldi, but there are a couple items we can only get at Kroger so I do shop from there occasionally, even though the bill is always more.

My friend who's in the ICU with Covid - her name is Shannon - her husband posted an update this morning. She's still in quite serious condition with bilateral Covid pneumonia and a bacterial pneumonia. Still on 100% oxygen. Good news is she's mostly alert and responsive. Her DH says she needs to start eating as well as BREATHING. We are all praying for a miracle.

And I found out this morning that in the terrible shooting yesterday in Collierville, the next suburb over from us, a friend of mine's ex-husband's parents were both shot. The mom was grazed twice on her arm and will be fine, but the dad was shot multiple times. He had emergency surgery yesterday, and his recovery is going to be a long painful process. It just seems to be a very dark time around here.
Patty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, the exhaustion from Covid feels like something has sucked the sap out of your bones. I had a mild case and still felt like like.

Patty, I could cut a piece of poster board and tape it up there. It needs to be white so it won't show against the wall, or they will make me take it down. Right now there's an icy blast pouring over the top of the plexiglas desk shield and freezing my neck.

I am so sorry about your friends wounded in that terrible shooting and your friend struggling to recover from Covid. There is such sorrow all around these days. (((hugs)))
Mackie