Daily Check In September 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The only canned peas I like are the LeSeur very young small peas.

I prefer raw fresh peas right out of the pod. I can’t get them locally.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 pm Good morning

Slept okay - weird dreams again.

Got some sad news. A female cousin passed away last night. She had the virus. She had other conditions, but we thought she was getting better. Her brother died from it also last year.

Now not sure what I will do today. So many things going on in the world. By now you would think all could live in peace and harmony.

No one should be hungry or homeless. :?

Clem so sorry for your loss. You have had a lot in your family..

I agree why can't we just get along with each other? Every day I pray for those who are suffering so much around the world and thank God for my blessings.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:27 pm The only canned peas I like are the LeSeur very young small peas.

I prefer raw fresh peas right out of the pod. I can’t get them locally.

Penny
I used to like fresh peas right out of the pod when my brother had his garden.. They are amazing.
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 pm Good morning

Slept okay - weird dreams again.

Got some sad news. A female cousin passed away last night. She had the virus. She had other conditions, but we thought she was getting better. Her brother died from it also last year.

Now not sure what I will do today. So many things going on in the world. By now you would think all could live in peace and harmony.

No one should be hungry or homeless. :?
Sorry about your cousin. We lost another friend yesterday, I believe she was 66; too young. They thought she, too, was getting better, it had been dragging on quite a while in a better/worse/better way and finally "worse" hung around long enough that it killed her. She was a sweetheart.

As for hunger and homelessness, Jesus said "the poor you will always have with you." The friend we lost earlier in the month was a big contributor in time and effort to our homeless assistance. Making double what we usually do for tomorrow's outreach, but I doubt I'm as good a cook as he was, his stuff (vegan chili, mostly) always went FAST.

We have the funeral for a friend's daughter tomorrow, memorial for the first friend who died (he was cremated) two weeks from now and I'm guessing there'll be a regular funeral for the friend who died yesterday some time next week unless she'd decided to be cremated, too. To use a colloquialism, this sucks.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:30 pm I used to like fresh peas right out of the pod when my brother had his garden.. They are amazing.
When I was little, grandma took me down to her garden patch and showed me how to pick pea pods. I wore her big old sweater that came down to my knees, filling the pockets with pods. Grandma stopped to open a pod and eat the peas. "EEEW!", I said. I was a city kid. I didn't even know peas came from pods! Well, you NEVER complained about any food in front of grandma, because she would make you eat it. So she showed me how to open a pod, and stood there and stared at me. I knew I had to eat the peas. So I did. She didn't say anything, and neither did I. She fiddled in the garden some more, and we went back up to the house. We emptied our pockets in the bowl on the table, and I went to the living room to fret, waiting for grandma to be mad. I waited and waited.

She never said anything. Every single one of my pea pods was EMPTY, because I ate them in the garden lol She was probably just glad that I ate a vegetable LOL

After that, though, she did have to holler at me now and then, because I was often in the garden, eating up the peas, LOL
ohjodi
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

What a great memory, Jodi!
Patty