Daily Check In September 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

ohjodi wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:35 pm When I was little, grandma took me down to her garden patch and showed me how to pick pea pods. I wore her big old sweater that came down to my knees, filling the pockets with pods. Grandma stopped to open a pod and eat the peas. "EEEW!", I said. I was a city kid. I didn't even know peas came from pods! Well, you NEVER complained about any food in front of grandma, because she would make you eat it. So she showed me how to open a pod, and stood there and stared at me. I knew I had to eat the peas. So I did. She didn't say anything, and neither did I. She fiddled in the garden some more, and we went back up to the house. We emptied our pockets in the bowl on the table, and I went to the living room to fret, waiting for grandma to be mad. I waited and waited.

She never said anything. Every single one of my pea pods was EMPTY, because I ate them in the garden lol She was probably just glad that I ate a vegetable LOL

After that, though, she did have to holler at me now and then, because I was often in the garden, eating up the peas, LOL
now i gotta try garden fresh peas!!!
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne nuit toute le monde!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Keystone Speech last night of the Canadian Association of Geographers: Prairie Division Annual Conference. The speech was very engaging and the slides of the old buildings and unique features of old towns was so very interesting. It ended about 9 pm. I got up about 6:30 am and although it was 2 hours before the conference was to start for the day, I got up as I knew I could take a nap in the late afternoon when the paper presentation were finished. I really enjoyed everything I heard today and learned quite a bit more about my areas that I studied. I was even still together enough with my knowledge to ask questions that were relevant and two of the speakers said they'd like to go more in depth with their answers to me at the break. I found it all just so good. I really enjoyed being back at physical and historical geography. AND I successfully did my first Zooming! I thought I'd goof that up for certain but I got the hang of it after a while.

Because I had forgotten about the conference last night, I didn't get my muffins made and I won't get them made today either. I figure I'll do them tomorrow. Basically, today was conference day and I am still running through some of the papers in my mind.

It is another lovely day outside with temperature at 72F/22C. The sun has been lovely and enjoyable. I'm not looking forward to when it gets dark early in the evening and 4 pm is just too early to get dark for me but I know it is coming!

I had two muffins for breakfast and a nice red onion cheese sandwich for lunch. I'm not too certain, again, of what supper will be. I guess I'll scrounge around and see what else I got in my goodies boxes from when my neighbor moved out.

I'm not in the know, what is this pea salad that everyone knows of? Any basic recipe for it? Do you make it with frozen or canned peas? I'd be interested in making it and trying it out.

I am so sorry to hear of the losses people have had. Life sneaks up on us and sometimes the news is not good.

That's the full skinny from around here.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Got word this early afternoon, son in law has tested positive, so far only slight headache and cough...no fever. Older grands all negative. Everyone isolating in their own rooms with their electronics or outside in the sun and fresh air. Paper plates, and plastic utensils are used and pitched. Everyone is wiping and sanitizing ... I would bet he has been positive since DD ...she didn't know she had been exposed until it was too late ...same bedroom of course.

They have plenty of supplies and if anything is needed I will get it and deliver to their doorstep.
Son in law has had a slight headache since day one of DD being sick but...he has migraine and thought that what what he was dealing with.

It is boring not to be able to see and be with my family...but I know it is for the best.
I have heard our stores locally are experiencing shortages...it may be that people are getting scared and are hoarding, don't know.

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:41 pm Update:

Got word this early afternoon, son in law has tested positive, so far only slight headache and cough...no fever. Older grands all negative. Everyone isolating in their own rooms with their electronics or outside in the sun and fresh air. Paper plates, and plastic utensils are used and pitched. Everyone is wiping and sanitizing ... I would bet he has been positive since DD ...she didn't know she had been exposed until it was too late ...same bedroom of course.

They have plenty of supplies and if anything is needed I will get it and deliver to their doorstep.
Son in law has had a slight headache since day one of DD being sick but...he has migraine and thought that what what he was dealing with.

It is boring not to be able to see and be with my family...but I know it is for the best.
I have heard our stores locally are experiencing shortages...it may be that people are getting scared and are hoarding, don't know.

JCKitty

Sorry for the second positive reaction. Hopefully things will be mild with no complications. They are luck to have you to make drop offs. I know it is boring not to be able to see them, but you stay safe.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:41 pm Update:

JCKitty
Very sorry to hear about your son-in-law but I’m not surprised. I hope he has a mild case.

I read a story today that Costco is limiting basic items such as TP, paper towels, cleaning supplies not because they are not available (they say) but because delivery problems. I have read this before that stores are having trouble getting truck deliveries.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 pm Good morning

Slept okay - weird dreams again.

Got some sad news. A female cousin passed away last night. She had the virus. She had other conditions, but we thought she was getting better. Her brother died from it also last year.

Now not sure what I will do today. So many things going on in the world. By now you would think all could live in peace and harmony.

No one should be hungry or homeless. :?
Clem~Sorry for your loss. How sad that her brother also died of this.