Daily Check In September 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good foggy morning. The temp is 52 F and going to get hotter as the day goes on.

I have been up since around 4:00 AM due to severe spasms in my feet and left knee. I had to start taking my quinine again. Bummer. I do not like to take it due to the effect it has on my eyes. I will take it for a few days and hope that it helps. If I am on it too long it can cause a hole in my visual field and it is affecting my color vision. The color vision is not reversible but if I develop a hole in my visual field it can be reversed if I stop the quinine in time.

I am very happy that I did not get poison ivy after clipping the bush in the front of my house yesterday. I was very careful. There is still more but I am not going to push my luck right now. At least it is clipped short enough that I do not have to worry about coming into contact with it when I am outside working in the rock garden area.

I need to make a quick trip to Dollar General and Dollar Tree today. I am lucky that where I live I can take the back country road to Dollar General and end up in their parking lot. They have built so many DG in our area they are very easy to get to. Dollar Tree is not too far from them.

I plan on washing my blankets and hanging them on the clotheslines in my garage. Yesterday I washed all of the blankets and throws that Teddi uses. Both lines were full. They smelled so fresh when I brought them in late yesterday afternoon. I will do a couple of 10 min sessions of clipping weeds in the rock garden area. Also I have at least three piles of debris from yesterday that need to be be raked on to a tarp and drug to the burn pile. Little by little I will keep chipping away at the weeds. I plan on mixing up the non-toxic weed killer but things will still have to be clipped, raked and hauled.

Yesterday I prepared everything I need to make Thai yellow curry. So for lunch I just need to cook it. Dinner is going to be Salisbury steak cooked in my air fryer. I found some seasoned green beans in the freezer so they are thawing out and I plan on making either mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes with butter. Also yesterday I made pea salad. I never thought I would eat it but I had some leftover peas and decided to make it. It is better than I thought. This is the same person that had to sit for hours at the dinner table because I would not eat canned peas. Frozen and fresh peas are a whole different veggie and I love them. Canned peas used to be gross to me. How our taste buds change over the years.

Have a good week-end everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning. I found a leg of my Christmas tree under the bed. So I pulled out the tree and discovered that now I had 2 legs. I spent more time looking for the third one. I finally found it. But in the process I discovered a bunch of photos that I didn’t know were missing.

They are a bunch of odd sizes so I will check with my daughter about scanning them I think I can scan them on my printer at the highest setting.

I still haven’t found the missing screw driver.

Breakfast was blueberries and oatmeal. This box of blueberries were just huge.

Penny

edited to remove name
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

ownedbydogs wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:19 am Woke up at 2am and didn’t get back to sleep until 430. Got up 730 and got all animals fed. Have had a attack of diverticulitis this week. Dr called in a prescription and it has helped. Been busy trying to get house in shape . We are having a simple memorial for my daughter tomorrow here. Just a family meal with all her favorite things to eat. We have made a display of her urn and pictures. I choose her urn in purple, her favorite color, with a humming bird and iris. Found it on Amazon. Everyone enjoy your day .
Thinking of you and yours today, Owned. The urn sounds lovely.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:59 am Also yesterday I made pea salad. I never thought I would eat it but I had some leftover peas and decided to make it. It is better than I thought. This is the same person that had to sit for hours at the dinner table because I would not eat canned peas. Frozen and fresh peas are a whole different veggie and I love them. Canned peas used to be gross to me. How our taste buds change over the years.
Janet, I hate canned peas but love frozen peas. And I love pea salad. It's one of those things I just forget about. I've never made it, but I think it would be something DH would enjoy if I did.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Good morning frugal friends. It's a beautiful sunny morning here. The temp is easing back up, but still just lovely. Supposed to top out in the mid-80s today. My sinuses have been acting up. In fact, I got up around 1:30 this morning because I just couldn't breathe. Moved to the recliner, took a hit of my two nasal sprays, and was able to fall back asleep about a half hour later.

Today I will make white bean soup, using the ham bone from Easter and a soup mix I picked up several months ago. I had to replenish my veggies (carrots, onion, celery) in order to make it, and yesterday's Kroger order did just that. I also will freeze the remains of the roast/veggies I made earlier in the week. It'll become a beef veggie soup later this month.

Different stories are coming out around the Kroger shooting on Thursday. The shooter was a 29-year-old man who made sushi for the store. Apparently, he'd been fired that morning. So he went home, dressed in black, and came back armed with pistols and a long gun and mowed down 15 people, killing one person, and forever changing the lives of scores of others. I mean, good grief, EVERYONE is hiring. It's not like he couldn't have gone across the street to get a job for God's sake.

What do y'all think about the Brian Laundrie situation? I think he went out in the swamp and killed himself. Again, I wish he would have done it before killing Gabby. Ugh...I think I'm watching too much news again. I have to pull back pretty regularly just to protect my emotional health.
Patty
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Hugs to all, this is a crazy time in this world.
Sun is shining but it is in the 50's temp wise we are to get into the low 80's this week.

DD feeling "okay" of course no energy, but says she is just doing a chore then resting then doing another as she gets the energy. Sounds like the rest of the family is doing a good job of pitching in.

I have laundry going, robo-vac going and the kitchen is cleaned and ready for me to make another mess.
I found "Murder She Wrote" on an oldies channel so have that on in the back round. I love it.

It rained some last night so no mowing or using the mower to blow leaves today...maybe some time this week.

I have the sink faucet soaking in CLR...lime build up.
Another mellow day,

JCKitty