Daily Check In September 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Trees, I am so sorry. (((hugs)))
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:29 pm A friend's wife was taken off life support today.She had been on a vent for over a month. Another covid death. It is all so horrible and sad.
Please God let this virus be defeated.
Stay safe everyone.
I am so sorry, Trees. We hear the numbers and become numb until we hear about the real people lost to this devastating virus.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:29 pm A friend's wife was taken off life support today.She had been on a vent for over a month. Another covid death. It is all so horrible and sad.
Please God let this virus be defeated.
Stay safe everyone.
So sorry to read this. This virus is just not being contained. You stay safe as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:54 pm I drove my car a short distance in to the garage so that it would not be in her way. Teddi rode shot gun. When I got out of the car he just sat there. I left the car door open so he could get out when he was ready. I picked up pears and disposed of them and he was still sitting there looking at me like... What the heck? I thought we were going for a ride.. lol. So I went for a short ride to satisfy him. He has been out and about with me all day when I was outside. He did some sniffing and exploring on his own while I worked. He seems much better the last two or three days. I did some investigating and I am thinking that his staring off in to space might have been a reaction to his allergy shot. I will discuss this with his Vet the next time he has a problem. Not all dogs react like I think he did but some pet owners said they have had a similar problem. With the nicer weather I will be spending more time outside so will Teddi. I hope he stays busy while I work on things. However he is like me and does not tolerate heat well. Sometimes he might disappear out of eyesight and when I go looking for him he is in the garage sitting in front of the door to the house. He is definitely a house dog.
Janet, I had to laugh. Teddi knows what he wants. He is so much like my Audrey. She has gotten absolutely stubborn about not going out in the backyard until she's good and ready of a morning. Every other dog I've ever had got up ready to go outside for that first potty of the day, but not Princess Audrey. First, she likes to sleep late, but even then it's crazy how long she waits. I've tried cajoling, demanding, and everything in between. For example, she slept in until I got up - about 8:40a today. And she won't want to go outside till probably around 11, give or take. She easily goes 12-14 hours. She lays in the floor or on the loveseat in the den unless she's on the recliner with dad. We've checked all around the house to see if she's peeing elsewhere, but she's not. I've told the vet about her and had her checked out but everything there is fine. It's just crazy. But she is NOT going to go until she's good and ready.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

chocolite wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:32 am Janet, I had to laugh. Teddi knows what he wants. He is so much like my Audrey. She has gotten absolutely stubborn about not going out in the backyard until she's good and ready of a morning. Every other dog I've ever had got up ready to go outside for that first potty of the day, but not Princess Audrey. First, she likes to sleep late, but even then it's crazy how long she waits. I've tried cajoling, demanding, and everything in between. For example, she slept in until I got up - about 8:40a today. And she won't want to go outside till probably around 11, give or take. She easily goes 12-14 hours. She lays in the floor or on the loveseat in the den unless she's on the recliner with dad. We've checked all around the house to see if she's peeing elsewhere, but she's not. I've told the vet about her and had her checked out but everything there is fine. It's just crazy. But she is NOT going to go until she's good and ready. I tell DH she must have a bladder the size of a Buick.
Patty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:32 am Janet, I had to laugh. Teddi knows what he wants. He is so much like my Audrey. She has gotten absolutely stubborn about not going out in the backyard until she's good and ready of a morning. Every other dog I've ever had got up ready to go outside for that first potty of the day, but not Princess Audrey. First, she likes to sleep late, but even then it's crazy how long she waits. I've tried cajoling, demanding, and everything in between. For example, she slept in until I got up - about 8:40a today. And she won't want to go outside till probably around 11, give or take. She easily goes 12-14 hours. She lays in the floor or on the loveseat in the den unless she's on the recliner with dad. We've checked all around the house to see if she's peeing elsewhere, but she's not. I've told the vet about her and had her checked out but everything there is fine. It's just crazy. But she is NOT going to go until she's good and ready.
Patty lol about Audrey. Teddi is the same way.. I am amazed how long he can hold it.. I have checked the house and he too does not go in the house.
Janet Alliesmama