Daily Check In September 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:31 pm Sorry about your cousin. We lost another friend yesterday, I believe she was 66; too young. They thought she, too, was getting better, it had been dragging on quite a while in a better/worse/better way and finally "worse" hung around long enough that it killed her. She was a sweetheart.

As for hunger and homelessness, Jesus said "the poor you will always have with you." The friend we lost earlier in the month was a big contributor in time and effort to our homeless assistance. Making double what we usually do for tomorrow's outreach, but I doubt I'm as good a cook as he was, his stuff (vegan chili, mostly) always went FAST.

We have the funeral for a friend's daughter tomorrow, memorial for the first friend who died (he was cremated) two weeks from now and I'm guessing there'll be a regular funeral for the friend who died yesterday some time next week unless she'd decided to be cremated, too. To use a colloquialism, this sucks.
Sandi sorry for your losses as well. It is sad that so many good people are passing. ((hug)) from your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ohjodi wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:35 pm When I was little, grandma took me down to her garden patch and showed me how to pick pea pods. I wore her big old sweater that came down to my knees, filling the pockets with pods. Grandma stopped to open a pod and eat the peas. "EEEW!", I said. I was a city kid. I didn't even know peas came from pods! Well, you NEVER complained about any food in front of grandma, because she would make you eat it. So she showed me how to open a pod, and stood there and stared at me. I knew I had to eat the peas. So I did. She didn't say anything, and neither did I. She fiddled in the garden some more, and we went back up to the house. We emptied our pockets in the bowl on the table, and I went to the living room to fret, waiting for grandma to be mad. I waited and waited.

She never said anything. Every single one of my pea pods was EMPTY, because I ate them in the garden lol She was probably just glad that I ate a vegetable LOL

After that, though, she did have to holler at me now and then, because I was often in the garden, eating up the peas, LOL
What a wonderful memory to have.. Glad your Grandma made you try something you did not think you would like.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have been in and out a lot today. I hauled 3 tarps of weeds to the burn pile. Later I decided to pick up the pears that have fallen to the ground so that my neighbor would not have to deal with a mess when she came to cut my grass. I emptied the fruit under the pine trees. Looked like a lot of them had already been chewed on and the bees were also sucking up the juice.. Glad to share with God's critters. There are still a lot up in the branches that will require me to use a ladder.

I washed and hung sheets and blankets on the clotheslines in the garage. Fortunately they were dry by the time my neighbor came to cut my grass this afternoon so I was able to take them down. I drove my car a short distance in to the garage so that it would not be in her way. Teddi rode shot gun. When I got out of the car he just sat there. I left the car door open so he could get out when he was ready. I picked up pears and disposed of them and he was still sitting there looking at me like... What the heck? I thought we were going for a ride.. lol. So I went for a short ride to satisfy him. He has been out and about with me all day when I was outside. He did some sniffing and exploring on his own while I worked. He seems much better the last two or three days. I did some investigating and I am thinking that his staring off in to space might have been a reaction to his allergy shot. I will discuss this with his Vet the next time he has a problem. Not all dogs react like I think he did but some pet owners said they have had a similar problem. With the nicer weather I will be spending more time outside so will Teddi. I hope he stays busy while I work on things. However he is like me and does not tolerate heat well. Sometimes he might disappear out of eyesight and when I go looking for him he is in the garage sitting in front of the door to the house. He is definitely a house dog.

I have had a busy but good day. This evening I will rest watching TV on the couch..

Have a good rest of the day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 pm Good morning

Slept okay - weird dreams again.

Got some sad news. A female cousin passed away last night. She had the virus. She had other conditions, but we thought she was getting better. Her brother died from it also last year.

Now not sure what I will do today. So many things going on in the world. By now you would think all could live in peace and harmony.

No one should be hungry or homeless. :?
So sorry for your loss. I have heard many times on the news and on Twitter of people getting better and then all of a sudden taking a turn for the worst.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:31 pm Sorry about your cousin. We lost another friend yesterday, I believe she was 66; too young. They thought she, too, was getting better, it had been dragging on quite a while in a better/worse/better way and finally "worse" hung around long enough that it killed her. She was a sweetheart.

As for hunger and homelessness, Jesus said "the poor you will always have with you." The friend we lost earlier in the month was a big contributor in time and effort to our homeless assistance. Making double what we usually do for tomorrow's outreach, but I doubt I'm as good a cook as he was, his stuff (vegan chili, mostly) always went FAST.

We have the funeral for a friend's daughter tomorrow, memorial for the first friend who died (he was cremated) two weeks from now and I'm guessing there'll be a regular funeral for the friend who died yesterday some time next week unless she'd decided to be cremated, too. To use a colloquialism, this sucks.
So sorry for your losses.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:19 am Woke up at 2am and didn’t get back to sleep until 430. Got up 730 and got all animals fed. Have had a attack of diverticulitis this week. Dr called in a prescription and it has helped. Been busy trying to get house in shape . We are having a simple memorial for my daughter tomorrow here. Just a family meal with all her favorite things to eat. We have made a display of her urn and pictures. I choose her urn in purple, her favorite color, with a humming bird and iris. Found it on Amazon. Everyone enjoy your day .
Owned your memorial sounds lovely and just what your daughter would have liked.

God bless.
Jackie