Daily Check In September 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In September 26, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:09 am Good Morning,

I've been to Mass, to the grocery store and now home drinking my coffee and eating a muffin. I ran my robo vac while gone. He did not make it back to his dock, so I had to help him. LOL!

DGS7 has baseball at 1:00 and DGS4 is at 3:00. Then DB2 invited me over for dinner.

Tomorrow I go back for more mammography views. I need to call for an appointment for an abdominal ultrasound. Doc wants to make sure my liver is OK.

Tonight I will probably have to help my co-worker with a report we are delegating to second shift.

HAve a great day,
Maggie
Good luck tomorrow Maggie.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mackie...that was FREAKY!
Thank you all for the support from yesterday.
DH and I split and stacked firewood today. It really keeps my mind off stuff. A full rack of firewood is wealth to me.
I could almost feel my grandmother ( Dad's mom...from New Orleans) frowning down on me for working on a Sunday!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:21 pm Hello, everyone. I slept miserably and hardly at all last night, having forgotten to take my arthritis medication and then doing a full day of heavy cleaning. Got about 4 and a half hours sleep.

I had a lot of errands today: gas station, ATM, Walmart for cat litter and laundry detergent, and finally to the grocery store for some heavy shopping. DH was working in the yard so I went alone and kept running into people who had a few screws loose. A woman in Food Lion decided to spontaneously tell me I had the devil in me! What? I was minding my own business, trying to buy ham!

I asked the checkout clerk if the public mental hospital had turned a bunch loose again last night. She just shook her head.

Now safely back home, I am laundering our bed covers and sheets and thinking about what to prepare for my lunches. Supper tonight will be meatloaf with baked potatoes and spinach, so I may whip up some salmon patties and bake a few more potatoes to have with the leftover spinach this week.

Definitely not infested by the devil, I wish you all a good day. :-D
Very strange indeed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Finished the quilt, and worked in the ends of the prayer shawl for little guy (I do hope it is the right size). I will drop them off tomorrow. Decided against making the pillow to go with the quilt.

I now get to work on my own projects for a bit. Hopefully catching up with all of them or at least make a dent in them to some extent.

Warmish today and the air conditioner has come on a few times. No idea about the weather as strange as it has been this year.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, I hope everything goes well tomorrow. JCKitty, I hope everyone in your family recovers well and quickly.

Supper was delicious. It probably helped that all I'd had to eat all day was peanut butter toast and coffee at breakfast. I used the new ketchup to make the glaze for the meatloaf and it is really good. Dessert was outsourced: we had the store-brand version of mallomar cookies.

I could not think of a thing I wanted to eat for lunch tomorrow and made a peanut butter sandwich to go with a homemade berry and yogurt parfait. It's Smucker's all natural peanut butter -- the kind that the oil separates in -- and I always stir up a little molasses in it to sweeten it and hold the oil mixed in better.
Mackie
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

It's been a quiet day around here. I haven't done much of anything except worry about everything. Sometimes I just get into this cycle of worry. Truth is, my balance and walking is not good at all. I am always on the verge of falling. I asked DH to get my walker out of the attic. God knows I don't want to use it, but I'm kind of scared not to. I haven't needed to use it since just after my last spinal fusion and had hoped I'd never need it again.

It just feel like I'm never going to get better.
Patty