Daily Check In September 26, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 26, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Where is everyone? Starting us off and getting coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In September 26, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It is not Fall weather here, 79 F. currently and high will be 88 F., but I’m finally in the mood to finish my Fall decorating. I put out much of the rest of my Fall decor this morning.

Last night I swapped out some burlap leaves (Dollar Tree from a few years ago) for the decorative paper in two hanging silver frames (rummage sale) that I hang next to my front door. I had to put up the decorative hook on the siding this morning because I took it down when my house was painted. A short ceramic pedestal (rummage sale) has come in handy so often and I put a pillar candle on it surrounded by fake leaves. I still have real color leaves picked up in New England 2019 and used them on my breakfast bar. I got out my Fall kitchen linens but have not put them out yet.

Pippi used both her upstairs and downstairs litter boxes last night. I received a strange text when I was entering Pippi’s upcoming appointments on my paper calendar. The vet receptionist texted them to me a few days ago. When I entered them last night I saw a date in October was missing. A few minutes later, 8:30 on a Saturday night, I got the text with that appointment plus one other one on a Saturday. (We only have Saturday appointments if Friday is unavailable.) It almost felt like someone was listening to me. 😳

Yesterday I got my paperwork filed so today I will shred the older documents. I’m going to TRY to keep up with it.

I had thought of going to mom’s house today but decided to wait until Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. One thing I know I need to do is get gas for the mower.

Even though we don’t have cool weather yet, I can start to think about donating sweaters, electric throw and other cold weather items. No one wants them in the summer.

Hope everyone stays well.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had oatmeal with blueberries for my breakfast.

This morning I have a lot of nerve pain in my right shoulder.

I am using a couple of ice packs.

Not much is new, I do hope to cut out the pansy fabric.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in a bit this morning, then of course it is bone building pill day and no coffee for least 30 minutes after taking it. I was so sure someone would have started the daily.

Anyhow, it looks to be another nice and sunny day here on the prairies of Canada. Don't know how many of these we will be lucky to have so am taking them as they come.

Quiet day here, I will be making a few lists, and working on a few projects. Projects that I want done and out of the house (well two of them). I also want to start back on a few of my set aside projects.... I seem to have a habit of doing that.

I am looking at my rather long and convoluted shopping list for the next couple of weeks. In some cases I will be able to go a month or more with not having to purchase that item. I think my vehicle will be rather loaded down, and I am not too sure if I have enough cloth bags for everything. I might be breaking down and letting them pack a few things in plastic bags (they will be recycled though).

One of the lists I plan on making today will me the menu plan for next month. Lots to figure out and plans to use up leftovers need to be taken into account. However if I send turkey home with the DS's there will be less to use up around here.

Supper tonight will be leftover ham warmed up (though I could make a casserole and have even more leftovers in the fridge) ..just means a bit less cooking for me next week. But I have some small potatoes and would like to make creamed potatoes (Hubby loves them and we only can manage them for a short time) and there is leftover cuke salad to get rid of. I may just sauté the remains of the cabbage as a side.

Today I am grateful that I have the cash to be able to plan ahead in order to stay safe.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I've been to Mass, to the grocery store and now home drinking my coffee and eating a muffin. I ran my robo vac while gone. He did not make it back to his dock, so I had to help him. LOL!

DGS7 has baseball at 1:00 and DGS4 is at 3:00. Then DB2 invited me over for dinner.

Tomorrow I go back for more mammography views. I need to call for an appointment for an abdominal ultrasound. Doc wants to make sure my liver is OK.

Tonight I will probably have to help my co-worker with a report we are delegating to second shift.

HAve a great day,
Maggie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Oh, and Sorry Flcat, Clem & Penny, It was a glorious 47 degrees this morning. I think it is 55 now and a high of 74. Hello Fall in Ohio.