Daily Check in Sept 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 27, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Sept 27, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

I am back,

Of course I sept in on my day off. I have my follow-up Mammo today. I the shower I reminded myself not to use deodorant, but of course, found my self putting it on. So I had to wipe it all off on my right side.

Nice dinner at DB & DSisIL's last night. Then came home and walked a co-worker through creating a report we need him to start doing. Hopefully he can show another guy tonight.

After my big squeeze, I need to hit up the grocery store.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Not a good night for me. I fell asleep wonderfully, but woke up at one and had loads of trouble going back to sleep. I just may have gotten a bit more sleep on the couch as I read for about an hour, then put a heating pad on my hips and tossed and turned on the couch. I may have managed another hour or so. Really if the sleeping periods were all at once I would be happy.

The scary thing is that these periods of wakefulness are happening more and more. I need to decide if this is an aging thing, I am worried about something, or my body is trying to tell me something. Perhaps a cup/mug of herbal tea will help, I will give that a try tonight.

The weather is holding quite well with decent temperatures. Morning walks are coming along nicely and I will continue to do them until it is cold and snowy/icy.

Not much happening here. I think I mentioned finishing the quilt for my friend so that will be dropped off along with her nephew's prayer shawl at some point this morning.

Frugally the usual Monday happenings. Laundry done and put on the outside lines, and the regular household cleaning. I am still looking at washing the walls in the living room and dining room, but don't think today will be the day when I am so tired out. Instead I will finish off some of the smaller extra cleaning jobs this month and perhaps get a bit more pantry straightening done. I am really tempted to move some of the food to a different location, closer to the kitchen and some of the appliances into the area I am using for food storage. We shall see. I do have to move some items out to my regular front kitchen pantry today.

I will be pulling out my quilt to sandwich this afternoon, and then working on the t-shirt rug. I may be cutting some more strips from leftover bits and bobs of knit fabric, which will help me use things up a little bit. I have backing fabric and batting to fold in the sewing/craft room and some threads on the floor to pick up.

Tonight for supper we will have the remains of the sausage casserole and the cucumber salad.

Today I am grateful for the lovely sunrise I am getting to watch.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, that's a cute term: "the big squeeze." Good luck with that today.

Today I am wearing a really cute blouse in one of the university colors that came from Swap.com. This is the one that was a tiny bit snug in the hips, but when washed on delicate and line dried, it now fits perfectly. It's rayon and that always does better smoothed out and hung to dry.

When I laundered our bed linens yesterday, it was a good time to adjust all the mattress pads and the extra topper on my side of the bed. I slept much better last night and the arthritis in my hip was not stabbing me.

DH fell asleep in his recliner with the cat and accidentally slept there all night. He wore himself out this weekend working in the yard. It's taken all spring and summer, but he has accomplished the landscaping simplification project we thought we'd have to hire out in next spring. We still have to find a home for the enormous rocks from the rock garden. We're not yet up to dragging them down to the curb to put a "free" sign on. :-D

Hope you all have a great day.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Glorious sunshine this morning but it’s really chilly - about 40 degrees F. We actually turned the heat on and I think it’s safe to say we won’t be using our air conditioner until next year. We do open the windows and patio doors a crack sometimes just to let in some fresh air. It’s expected to warm up to about 60 this afternoon. Dh still went golfing and I will be leaving for my walk shortly with my friend. I am wearing my light magic gloves this morning as I hate cold hands.

This afternoon is photography club, so I definitely need to make an adjustment to my cleaning schedule. Usually I do bathrooms today but we have four! Ridiculous I know. I just cleaned out the ensuite one and will tackle the main bathroom when I return back from photography. Dh had taken the Jacuzzi jets off, cleaned everything in there thoroughly and then ran the jets with a diluted bleach solution. So all that will be required is a quick wipe down of the tub. The toilet and vanity don’t take very long. I will leave the other two until Friday, my catch up day.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I didn’t want to get up this morning. But I did I am showered, dressed and fed.

I put the towels in the washer, I only have the one load today.

I have emptied the dishwasher and dish drainer. I have a few of the dirty dishes that go into the dishwasher. My coffee was ready so I am having that now.

I put aside my fabric cutting I will get back to it. But right now I want to do some more decluttering. Some just needs to be put away some will go into the trash and some into my give away bin.

Penny