Daily Check in Sept 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check in Sept 27, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:02 am We had the memorial for my daughter yesterday and it was nice. My Pom Buddy took a turn for worse Friday and passed away this morning at 340 am. We’re we’re going to take him in this morning to have him euthanized because he was so sick. Don’t think I am equipped to lose much more.
I'm so sorry, what a horrible time for you and your family.

Your daughter needed Buddy with her

Hugs IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:39 pm Starbucks has closed the indoor seating at the one where I meet my friend. She said the Starbucks close to her apartment also has closed the dining room.

I’m at mom’s house and will at least do one of my least favorite jobs - getting gas for the gas can. I’ll see after that if I can find a place in the shade to do some trimming.
would I be a horrible person to think that it's good that the indoor seating is closed?

This evening DH and I will be meeting a friend for a traditional Red Robin dinner.

The Red Robin was her dad's favorite restaurant, he passed many years ago and on his bday, the family gathers at Red Robins around the nation.

We have been included for the past few years, I did know her dad since we have been friends and neighbors for over 50 years.

We were lucky to find a Red Robin with outdoor seating, it's about an hour away from DH and me. Bummer since there is one just down the street from us :roll: :|

I'll be driving home in the dark YYEEKKK

The friend still works, so it's after her work, she is only about 66 !!!!

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

went to Walmart today, no milk to speak of, so I went to Costco, lots of milk, a one package limit on paper towels, but lots of paper towels.

IC
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I tried to go to bed on time last night and did make it by 10 pm. My usual weekday time. It lets me listen to my CBC 10 pm news and then a show afterwards. They've changed the show that comes on after the news and I found the new show engaging last night. They've changed a lot of stuff on "my" CBC and like an old curmudgeon, I whine and moan about "this new music stuff." I enjoyed my "old" shows so now I'll have to get use to the new ones.

I got up to the alarm today at about 6:30 am. I stumbled out to the living room and caught some early morning news as I started to come out of zombie mode. When awake enough, I had a shower and then had my two muffins and some black coffee for breakfast. I felt much more alive!

After a week off while her family all came down with an autumn cold (not COVID-19, so glad it wasn't!!), Ange and I got back to work on housecleaning and decluttering. I had filled one garbage bag half full of jars and odds and ends of stuff. We double bagged it so it didn't break with all the heavy stuff in it. Ange got busy doing her thing and I was able to do a bit of stuff before the back started to cause me grief. I then got handed MORE mail and paperwork to sort through. Ange got busy in the kitchen and we got rid of a lot more stuff. She even wiped down the cupboards and the backsplash, appliances and all! I feel like such a slouch! I used to do all of this stuff before my back gave out. Once it just becomes a few little things I can do, instead of the clutter and mess it is now, I hope I can keep it up. We worked from 9:00 until Noon. It's amazing how much better this is all making me feel. I see hope on the horizon!! I also have a little bit of homework to do tonight before Angela comes back tomorrow morning.

I'll need to make bread again. I have just a couple of slices left as I have been having lovely Cheese and Red Onion sammies for lunch. I got two dozen of my poppy seed maraschino muffins made yesterday. I had that milk left over and I was able to use most of it up in the muffins. I made instant mashed potatoes (from the goodies boxes my friend left me when he moved) and used the last bit of milk in them. No wasted milk this time! I can't do any more baking, except for the bread, as I used the last of my eggs for the muffins. I like to keep two dozen in the fridge after a trip to the store. That gives a lot of leeway for meals and baking. I should get some money tomorrow or Wednesday. On the weekend, I will go to do my usual Sunday trip to Shoppers Drug Mart to see if they have frozen pizza on for $3.00 and then buy the eggs that are on sale on weekends. They have the best price in town.

I binged watch an entire series on Netflix yesterday. I have gotten into documentaries and real life stories of late. I watched a documentary done by Stephen Spielberg and the Shoah Project that followed the lives of 5 Hungarian Jews through WWII and their trials to survive. I didn't know it but the Hungarian Jews were started to be taken by the NAZIs after April of 1944. They were the last untouch Jewish community in Europe. Such strong women and brave stories. Amazing. For the year she survived in the camp this one little girl hung on to a palm full of diamonds. He mother had sewn them into the hem of her skirt. Whenever she couldn't hold them, she would swallow them to recover them later in the bathroom. She did that the entire year and when they were liberated, she had them made into a pendant. The last memory of her Mom. The pendant is to be passed through the generations to the first born granddaughter. It was a very moving story.

I've had a nap, since I got up before my usual, anytime I wake-up, I wake-up. Alarm clocks aren't me anymore! I don't know what else I will do today after I get my homework done. At present, I am watching the news and going to watch the show BONES that I PVRed from this morning to watch later. I don't know if any one else is aware of this show but I find it so funny! The characters are all well cast and their is enough murder and mayhem and science to do the trick for me.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I wonder if the evaporated milk shortage is people simply getting ready to bake the Libby Pumpkin pie recipe that calls for evaporated milk.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Will have to do a local store stalking for evaporated milk!