Daily Check in Sept 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Sept 27, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

ownedbydogs wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:02 am We had the memorial for my daughter yesterday and it was nice. My Pom Buddy took a turn for worse Friday and passed away this morning at 340 am. We’re we’re going to take him in this morning to have him euthanized because he was so sick. Don’t think I am equipped to lose much more.
Owned, you have had such loss this year. (((Hugs))) for the loss of your sweet Pom Buddy.
floridacatlover

chocolite wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:56 am Owned, I'm so sorry you lost your Pom Buddy. Loss on top of loss on top of loss is just more than we're made to bear.

Good morning everyone. I was up and out early this morning as I'd made an appointment weeks ago for my Murano at the nearest Nissan dealer. I had a recall for a brake line issue. I got a ride home on their complimentary shuttle. So it was going to be free. I say *was* because the guy just called and said while they had it up doing the recall replacement they noticed my back brake pads and rotors were getting very worn. I can believe it b/c I've never had any work done on them since I've owned the car. So I said yes, go ahead and replace the pads and grind the rotors. DH and I try to be, if not proactive, at least responsive with our car maintenance since we usually keep them 15 years or so.

I took my time and did okay with just my cane this morning. I did have DH get my walker down and I've been using it around the house.
Patty, I’m hoping that your physical therapy will make you feel more secure again. (((Hugs)))
floridacatlover

Starbucks has closed the indoor seating at the one where I meet my friend. She said the Starbucks close to her apartment also has closed the dining room.

I’m at mom’s house and will at least do one of my least favorite jobs - getting gas for the gas can. I’ll see after that if I can find a place in the shade to do some trimming.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

H-E-B in San Antonio has evaporated milk in stock.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

are people stocking up again?
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I can't tell if people are stocking up or if it's a supply issue again. Maybe a little of both. I have read that Costco had to put limits on paper products again.
Mackie