Daily Check In September 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 28, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 28, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up, sort of awake and getting ready for the day.

This morning I have to pay bills on line, go with Hubby for the appointment at the bank (and while there pick up our allowances for the end of the month) and then go shopping once we are done at the meeting. I may get out to one place before the meeting but I rather doubt it as I am still straightening pantries out. I also found while straightening out said pantry in the bedroom that some things could be considered overstocked. I kind of think I just might have lost track over the last couple of months. So some items got crossed off the list, but a few others have been added.

I will be sticking to my list, but know I will be heading back out shopping for salad fixings and a turkey (unless I find one today) for our Thanksgiving dinner on the 10th (only a couple of days before a 2 week shopping trip). The men in my life love a tossed salad and there is no way lettuce stays good for that long.

Other than a really large, spendy shopping spree for groceries and other necessities, I will be staying close to home. While the number of new Covid cases province wide fell, there was another uptick in cases in my small area yesterday and who knows what today will bring. The anti-whatever's in our extended family are once again posting twisted ideas on Facebook and Twitter. I don't even want to be near them until things settle down once again. Hoping the most rabid of them do not come to the family Christmas get together.

Today I plan on working on the t-shirt rug (well working on it for the next three days). I think I have enough strips cut for that length of time. I will then spend the next two days cutting more strips to be used later on.

My extra cleaning list is made for October, my menu plan for the month is done (the last two weeks take advantage of some sale items this week), and my project list is slowly evolving. I do need to find and download some patterns for said project list (dryer balls, quilted mug rugs, and perhaps some placemat ideas). All projects are going to use up what I already have in my stash except for one. Oldest DS has asked if I could knit a blanket or make a quilt for a friend of his who has left her husband and moved to a new city. I guess she is feeling lonely and depressed right now. I told him a blanket would be the easiest for me and I would like her favourite colour...Must remind him about that.

Today I am grateful that while I did not have the best of sleeps, I did sleep a bit more than yesterday.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I slept in this morning and then finally cleaned up a pile of clothes and stuff I have in my bedroom. I still had my suitcase sitting out on a stool from my trip to Philly in July. Once I moved it I found the workout shorts that had gone missing. Bad Maggie. I have several chore on my list that I need to get to.

I went up to the office yesterday to tell them about the squirrel next under the deck next to me. So my apartment has a mirror twin (LOL) and we have screened in porches with a deck floor next to each other. These sit over the garages. There is wiring on the bottom of the decking to keep critters out, but a squirrel got in there. I saw the next several weeks ago. But just last week I saw that it was squirrels. The manager said that was the first she had heard about it. I hope they evict them soon.

Have a great day,
Maggie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. I am having my little coffee break, after making the tidying-up swoop around the office.

Last night when I got home from work, DH had culled some things from his closet that he's gained too much weight to wear, including two pairs of nice office slacks he never wore at all, and I brought them to work to offer around. He prefers cargo pants with a leg pocket for his phone nowadays.

Yesterday university facilities finally came (after two years!) and picked up a pile of stuff slated to go to surplus for auction that was taking up most of the free space in the front office, and I got to work cleaning and organizing. There's now space for my supervisor to have programs with his student workers in the office, which made him happy. I like the clean, organized, open space. Looking at all that junk piled up was wearing on my nerves.

My supper last night was a cheese and tomato sandwich with the last two mini dill pickles in the jar and a handful of grapes. I really wanted something more substantial, but had half a tomato to use up and that nearly empty jar of pickles taking up space.

If I am not too tired tonight, my plan is to repaint the old canvas covered trunk inherited from my grandmother. It's dark brown -- has always been dark brown -- and just disappears in our dark living room nook.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I slept well last night. Pippi seems better. She came upstairs in the morning but did not get on the bed. She was waiting for yummies I keep in a basket. She bounded back down the stairs like her normal self instead of walking slow. She still goes in the closet but not as much and is eating and drinking well. She has her fluid appointment mid-afternoon.

Yesterday I got quite a lot done at mom’s house but there is always more to do. I stayed there most of the afternoon. My good lopping shears are so tight but I will try WD40 on them.

Today I plan to clean out my pantry. I know there are some things that are too old. One thing I buy is dry milk in one quart packets (Publix brand) and I haven’t used it in a long time and it is probably out of date. Also I haven’t been using tuna and will check those dates and the StillTasty or StillFresh website (whatever it’s called). And there is more.

Another quiet day.

Stay safe.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept well last night and decided to get up early today - 7:30!

But by then I had already had a few texts come over the phone. More bad news - another covid fatality. A very nice lady from our town.

Not sure what i will do today - there are a few things i have to do.

Just got a text about a meeting today. I wondered if it was going to be held. Think we need more notice. Starts in 20 minutes and I am still in pajamas....oh well.

Have a nice day.