Daily Check In September 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In September 28, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Rainy day here.
Continuing with my Fall sorting. Did well with the pantry..no outdated anything.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

MJ, I'm so glad your organizer friend is helping make a difference in your apartment. Nothing gives me a lift quite like a clean and organized space...it just feels like I can breathe easier. Good for you for finding a way to get it done.

Good morning, frugal friends. Another quiet day around here. I don't have to go anywhere, which is good b/c I was worn out from yesterday's trips to the car dealer. On my way home I stopped by Kroger and attempted to use a motorized cart, but it died on me before I could get to the check out. I didn't have a lot but some of the items were pretty heavy. I found some help and got everything transferred to a different cart. It was an ordeal, though, and I think I'll just stick with pick-ups and deliveries in the future. I've only used a cart twice - once at Walmart and now at Kroger - and both times it died on me. Is it me or the carts? Ugh.

I have PT tomorrow and wish I could find a miracle while there. We work on balance issues and strength. Last time he dry needled my glute muscles on my left front side of my hip. They were all knotted up again after vacation.

DH had to work overtime yesterday and didn't get off until 6:30. Even working from home, that's a long day. I had breakfast fixed and ready for him right when he got off -- scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits. He was happy. The good news is, he'll get off a couple hours early on Friday.

Not sure what to have for supper tonight. If I find some energy I want to make a bunch of deviled eggs. I need to use up some eggs and they make great snacks.
Patty
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Put in another instacart order for the covids last night trying to get gatorade and of course when it was delivered this AM...NO Gatorade in town.

Have had nothing but issues with "the brother" all morning. A tree that I told him about 2 years ago that had fallen into one of my trees and got stuck fell last night and wiped out a corner of my chicken pen.
I called and told him and his response was "act of God" not my problem, it's on your insurance . So I called my agent, my deductible is too high to cover it but they did give me some great info. The fiance came and cut it off the fence and will come back later this evening to try to repair the fence.
Then the brother shows up and was throwing a fit about the leaves blown onto his property and saying Just going to get it surveyed and just being a complete butt about everything .
I let him upset me but I did hold my tongue. I take care of a lot of his property, mowing and killing poison ivy because it just looks better and keeps the poison ivy from coming unto my yard.
I wish I hadn't even called him about the fallen tree.

So today I will be doing a lot of praying and meditating....he has never been easy to get along with but so much worse since my parents died...they kept him from being so nasty to others.

Off to get myself calmed down and concentrate on what i CAN do...not what is out of my control.
JCKitty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

JCKitty,
Do you have one brother or two? Just curious.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OK - I hurried up and went to the meeting!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning I have repaired 3 masks that were too tight.

I have sorted a large number of pins looking to keep only the ones that can be picked up with a magnet. I am about half way through.

I finished the body of one T-Rex. I have not put features on her yet.

My dinner was a hot dog and beans with sauerkraut.

Penny