Covid Supplies

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Covid Supplies

Post by MackerelCat »

jckitty wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:38 am Vit C, Zinc, Tylenal , gatorade , pedialyte, Vit D, allergy meds, broth, bottled water,and jello are some of the things used so far.
IF you can find rapid tests it might be good to have some on hand.
Milk products produce flem, I know that is misspelled but you know what I mean I hope.
Frozen OJ has also been requested.

I will add as I think of stuff.
JCKitty

I will add that Gatorade is not to be found around here....I have been looking at recipes to make it homemade.
If you can get the salts/sugar ratio right, you can flavor it with a little Kool-Aid.

I saw a documentary once about teaching mothers in famine-stricken Africa how to make a hydrating solution for their babies: it was a liter of boiled water, a closed fistful of sugar, and as much salt as they could pinch up between their thumb and first two fingers. It was simple but saved lives.

I would add a pinch of NuSalt for potassium to something like that.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

These are all great ideas! Thank you.

I’m going to start collecting them.

Pulse oximeter is a good idea. Not as expensive as I expected and would be good to have on hand.

I’m going to buy at least one box of the Covid tests. When Kitty mentioned them, I checked the CVS near me online and they were all out of stock. But some other CVS had them supposedly. Glad to hear what Kitty said about far out expiration dates.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:30 pm These are all great ideas! Thank you.

I’m going to start collecting them.

Pulse oximeter is a good idea. Not as expensive as I expected and would be good to have on hand.

I’m going to buy at least one box of the Covid tests. When Kitty mentioned them, I checked the CVS near me online and they were all out of stock. But some other CVS had them supposedly. Glad to hear what Kitty said about far out expiration dates.
you can also buy the covid tests on line. They are hard to find around here also.

And try the powered version of Pedialyte. I buy mine through walmart.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pedialyte-Electrolyte-Drink-Mix-Variety-Pack-2-4-oz-Packet/17018124
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:37 pm https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pedialyte-Electrolyte-Drink-Mix-Variety-Pack-2-4-oz-Packet/17018124
Looks good. I looked it up online at Walmart.com and will also look at it in Publix but will likely do a grocery pickup at Walmart soon because there are a few things I want much cheaper there.

I see that Walmart has the Covid tests for $14.00, same brand that is $23.99 at CVS. BUT it is out of stock at Walmart. Walgreens also has them $23.99 and they are in stock supposedly at one of the Walgreens near me and I have a $10 Walgreens gift card so will look there.