Daily Check In October 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In October 8, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:02 am Pippi’s appointment is mid-afternoon. She hasn’t been eating great but seems OK. They have not weighed her in awhile. The nurses hate to pick her up because she makes such a fuss but I’ll ask them to weigh her today or next week - depending on the nurse.
My old Zippy Cat was such a holy terror that we weighed his carrier empty on the large dog scale one day, wrote the empty weight on it in magic marker, and then would weigh it with him in it on the dog scale when we came in. They would subtract the full weight from the weight written on it to get his weight. He was a very large cat, more than three feet long from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail, and weighed 17 pounds in his prime. He liked me, but had no use whatsoever for anyone else and no qualms about letting them know it.

I am finally getting a little break. Been busy using the very fussy software program we use for the dorm rooms. Setting up templates in it is difficult and if we make a mistake, we can't delete the template. I did discover that I can go in and remove the title and date so that it won't show up as anything in the drop-down menu, though. No one will click on a bad template that way, at least.

This weekend I plan to do routine chores, cut DS's wild thicket of hair, and maybe finish painting my antique (but not valuable) trunk that I started last week. If the weather is good, we may work in the yard. There's some shrubbery in front of DS's bedroom windows that is completely out of hand, what with all the rain.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.
Mackie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Today is the first birthday since my husband passed. He would have been 82 and I am 81. Son in law took me to get my haircut this morning. It was getting almost to bottom. Cut it just below my shoulders. Then I went to Dollar Tree while he and my daughter went next door to a thrift store. He found a sink and cabinet combo that will fit perfectly in my bathroom we are remodeling. All for 37.00. Just priced the sink part at Lowe’s for around 150.00. great start for my project. Took out tub last yr and installed shower. Now if We can find flooring I like cheaper. Lol
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I didn’t wake up until after 7:15 this morning.

I have the trash and garbage gathered and out. I walked down to the mail room and mailed a letter.

H-E-B had everything on my list this morning. I have almost everything away from today’s H-E-B order this morning. I need to rearrange things in the bathroom.

I have been busy this morning. I have done more sorting and putting away. I am down to things that take longer to decide.

I got the replacement tooth pick holder. I use them to check cakes and cupcakes.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Happy Birthday Owned.

I have had quite the morning...thanks renter/friend... Now I have to have an appliance repair person work on her range...because she tried to replace an element and now none of the stove works. I hope I don't have to have an electrician also... She simply will not listen...like a bull in a china shop.

Then I had to take a load to Good Will and they weren't happy said they were "too full". I had to bring a child's bike back home because I got told they no longer take them ??? Granted it's been awhile since I worked there but we were not allowed to refuse anything but appliances...I do not give junk because I know from working there that no one needs junk...junk goes in the recycle bin or trash. :roll:

I need to get my house chores done and I don't know yet if we are taking tonight off from "the big sort" at DD's.

There's a real good chance I am just over it with people for awhile LOL...I just see so much of what I consider stupidity, negligence and lack of concern for our fellow man.
I had to get chicken feed and very few masks ,lack of social distancing and knots of store workers standing around doing absolutely nothing....Rant over LOL

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Happy birthday Owned.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Happy Birthday Owned.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/