What the Pandemic / Lockdown Has Taught You

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: What the Pandemic / Lockdown Has Taught You

Post by MackerelCat »

I was already a hermit at heart, but eventually not being able to go anywhere did start to weigh on me.

I learned that our county library's ebook offerings had improved a lot.

Also learned to get by with what we had on hand for all kinds of things. We kicked repair and reuse up many notches around here.

We learned how little we need to get by, that frozen bread heels are a component in several delicious dishes, that pulling weeds is a great way to pass time, and headphone use is a great way to stand four people in one room watching tv.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I’ve been cooking more traditional meals. Simple things that we grew up with and thrived

Making a pot of beans every week. Think my mom had to make one daily. Lol.

More rice too. So yummy and filling. And very frugal !
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I learned that while many people consider me a hermit... while I "can," live that way, I only want to about 96% of the time and when that 4% allocated to outside interaction gets messed with, I get antsy :? Before covid I would have said that not seeing people outside my nuclear unit would never bother me. After all, I talk to people from everywhere around 30 hours a week, that should be plenty of interaction, right?

I also learned that DH and I can share an office doing completely different things, throughout the work week for weeks and weeks on end, and not mind each other. I would have believed, before, that my introversion and his extroversion would make us terrible officemates, but it turns out he's actually fun to have around. AND, I learned a LOT about what he does (and that even if I had the education and 'could' do it, I wouldn't want to - which is true for him, too, even knowing my boss and getting along with him, he doesn't believe he could work for him).

I learned one of my kids is waaay more like their Dad, and the other is like me. DD is a total extrovert and had to get a (appropriately socially distanced) job so as to not go loopy while trapped with the rest of us :lol:. DS is good as long as he can get on his bike and ride a few miles 2-4 times a week; he needs the outdoors and physical movement, not so much the external interaction.