Daily Check-in October 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in October 9, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning

Did not get out of bed until almost ten! I was just so warm and cozy but the big dog had to go out. So out they went. I made coffee and filled the water and food bowls.

Had an exciting evening last night - well exciting for me

Watched the high school football game on livestream. Big rivalry. Had not beat this team since 2000. There was a block of years in there that we didn't play each other, but we still did not have a good record against them.

But we prevailed! A nail biter til the end. And that was a surprise cuz we had been beating teams by at least 20 points. Everyone was so excited. Now I don't care if they lose the remaining games - :mrgreen:

My plan for today is to mop the hallway and cat room. Maybe do some laundry.

Have a great day all
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

Like Jackie's area, it is overcast here today but the temperature is nice. It's too dark in my living room to do much. I have to rewire the 3-way lamp in here as it died. That will come with time.

I went shopping yesterday and got some of the things needed for my American version of Canadian Thanksgiving! It's going to be unique to be certain. I will be enjoying poutine and then my pumpkin pie with real whipped cream. Looking forward to it.

I was making rice last night and measured out the rice. Moved my elbow wrong and spilled a cup of uncooked rice all over the floor! UGH! I thought I'd gotten it all but I keep finding it. I'll give the kitchen another good sweep this afternoon.

I have to go to the bank and deposit a check. After that, I may go back to the grocery store and get more toilet paper. It is on sale for one of the cheapest prices I've seen in a very long time. I always like to have a stock pile (not heaps but two packages for certain!).

I want to make a batch of Confetti Bars this afternoon (the ones with colored marshmallows, butterscotch chips and peanut butter). Just a little snackie type thing to have around here. I'm not certain if I'll get the pumpkin pie made today or tomorrow.

Just watered the plants and am thinking of repotting one. I have the dirt taken from two old pots bagged up and rehydrated. It was SO dry it was like sand, water just ran through it. Now? Looks like healthy dirt again.

Well, I have to find some mojo to go to the bank!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well hallway is mopped and clothes are in the washer

Did have to soak them first for about an hour - summer shirts and bras

For some reason I tend to stain the armpits. I switch deodorant, but I have always had an "issue" in that department - lol

We used to have to wear tee- shirts under our uniforms and even though, I would only wear the tee once and then wash them - I still had them develop stains there. Oh well. What can you do?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Friends, I’m going to once again step away from the forum for a bit. Feeling mentally disheveled and need to try to get my head together. Best to all.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:23 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in probably because I waited for eldest son to arrive home safely before going to bed.

It looks like an overcast day today, so I may just be having a very short walk. That is okay as I will be heading up and down the stairs today getting things out for the turkey feast tomorrow. Point of fact that could start sooner than I think if Hubby forgot to bring a loaf of bread upstairs with him (which could be possible).

I will do what cleaning is necessary this morning and then have all afternoon to visit with the DS's until the football game begins or Hubby asks them to do a bit of work around the yard. There are a few things we can no longer do and most times the sons are quite happy to help out. Eaves troughs need a bit of cleaning, and under the deck needs to be blown out of leaves. I don't know where our little bunny (probably big bunny by now) went to but all the commotion should send him/her running.

So I never mentioned about my shopping trip on Thursday after Bible study.... Never ever am I going at that time of day (even though I got to see my sister in person) as the store was a crush and I had people coming at me without masks, and going the wrong way down the aisles... I almost screamed at a few of the maskless. Those few were in there late 80's and would glare at anyone who got in there way (they were also the ones who did not follow the arrows on the floor). We have a liquor store in our grocery and while they supposedly do not have to ask for proof of vaccine are doing so, and enforcing it. I could hear customers yelling about rights being taken away. I wanted to yell get the vaccine. Things might just be going from bad to worse around here. I do know we upped our case count yesterday.

I hope to be able to do a bit of hand quilting today, but I do need some good lighting so I hope the sun shines a bit this afternoon. If not I will finish the third scarf for the month and look out some patterns for knitted blankets for eldest son's friend. May even go through some totes of yarn to see if I will need to buy yarn or can use any here at home in my stash. I could also start moving spring/summer clothes out and fall/winter into my closets and drawers. We shall see.

Supper tonight will be hamburgers, creamed potatoes, and coleslaw. Trying to think if I want to make peas as well.

Today I am grateful for the safe arrival of our sons and the few days we get to visit before they have to leave.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
I am surprised that you have to show proof of vaccination in an essential service such as a grocery store. And Jackie, we must be aware of the people who medically have been advised not to get the vaccine, like my neighbour who has two different autoimmune diseases, is monitored at the hospital weekly and is on a very heavy dose of Prednisone. I realize that is very much a minority but something to keep in mind. Some very elderly people lack the technological skills to order online and I do try to show patience as my Dad had a tendency to skip the line, sometimes not knowingly - just wanted to get served and out of the store ASAP!
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:06 pm Friends, I’m going to once again step away from the forum for a bit. Feeling mentally disheveled and need to try to get my head together. Best to all.
Take good care, friend. We'll be here when you get back.
Patty