Daily Check-in October 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check-in October 9, 2021

Post by chocolite »

Afternoon, all. It's a nice day here, about 85° and sunny. I've ordered our dinner from Outback Steakhouse and will go do curbside pickup soon. We're going to do dinner and a movie -- DH has picked out a "scary" movie for us to watch. I put it in quotes b/c his version of scary is worlds apart from mine, lol. But it will be nice to watch something together. Most of the time he's back in his man cave reading or watching something and I'm in the den either playing on the computer or reading or watching something else. We just have different tastes. Anyway, he requested steak so we're splurging tonight.

I found some fall potpourri that I'd forgotten I had. I think I bought it last winter from a clearance bin. Anyway, I put some out and it smells wonderful - like citrus and cinnamon and apples - yum.

I've been watching cleaning videos on TikTok and am kind of obsessed. It's definitely upped my cleaning game a little around here.

Jackie, I hope you and your DH have a wonderful visit with your boys.
Patty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,
I was dragging this morning. The musical play I attended was written by a fourth year University student. While I was not overly found of the story line, it was pretty well done. I am glad I got to go. I sat right in front of DS2 and got to really watch him play. So fun!

We got notification that a guest at last week's wedding tested positive for Covid. I heard from another source who it was and it was a vaccinated person who is probably horrified that she may have spread it. So I am paranoid about my seasonal allergies. Last night at the University, I wore a mask (every one did - on campus as well as city mandate.) I did not RSP to a dinner out because of it. Also, I am tired. But i have the next three days off.

I do need to do some grocery shopping. Not sure what dinner will be.

Have a great evening,
Maggie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:42 pm Well hallway is mopped and clothes are in the washer

Did have to soak them first for about an hour - summer shirts and bras

For some reason I tend to stain the armpits. I switch deodorant, but I have always had an "issue" in that department - lol

We used to have to wear tee- shirts under our uniforms and even though, I would only wear the tee once and then wash them - I still had them develop stains there. Oh well. What can you do?
Years ago my sister told me about Avon 24 Hour Deodorant and it not staining clothes. I have been using it ever since.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:12 pm Years ago my sister told me about Avon 24 Hour Deodorant and it not staining clothes. I have been using it ever since.
I have been reading up about this and most of what I found is that it might be caused by the anti-perspirant. So I am going to switch to a deodorant only brand.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:06 pm Friends, I’m going to once again step away from the forum for a bit. Feeling mentally disheveled and need to try to get my head together. Best to all.
Take care and hope you can come back soon.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:57 pm Hello everyone,
I was dragging this morning. The musical play I attended was written by a fourth year University student. While I was not overly found of the story line, it was pretty well done. I am glad I got to go. I sat right in front of DS2 and got to really watch him play. So fun!

We got notification that a guest at last week's wedding tested positive for Covid. I heard from another source who it was and it was a vaccinated person who is probably horrified that she may have spread it. So I am paranoid about my seasonal allergies. Last night at the University, I wore a mask (every one did - on campus as well as city mandate.) I did not RSP to a dinner out because of it. Also, I am tired. But i have the next three days off.

I do need to do some grocery shopping. Not sure what dinner will be.

Have a great evening,
Maggie
Yesterday at the funeral church service, they had these forms with a statement saying that (fill in the blank name) had attended this viewing on this day and at this time. Signed by the funeral home

I just kept it - not sure if I was supposed to turn it in somewhere. Will have to ask my cousins about it.