Daily Check-in October 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in October 9, 2021

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a cool, cloudy day here with temperatures not going higher than the mid-60s.

Have gotten through the first 45 minutes of exercising when I first woke this morning and have read today's paper as well as glanced over the headlines on the internet.

Have some light housework to catch up that I didn't do yesterday (sweep the floors).

I'm sitting here thinking about how many things I want to do and not sure what I should start on first LOL. It's surprising how the lives we have and lead now affect these daily activities including the difference between those of us who are married and those of us who are not.

Well, going to go for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check-in October 9, 2021

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning all. Trying to get pack into checking in daily although I have been reading now and then.

Logics I have been meaning to mention that I di chair yoga twice a week either in person or with youtube. While it's not aerobic it increases my balance and movement and even my strength and I can't say enough about it. It also is meditative although I meditate separately. I also use weights twice a week at home. I'm only at 4000 steps these days but now that summer is slowly waning I hope to increase thar. Im.about to buy some aducs to walk in.

Today I have my women's church group lunch/brunch at eleven thirty. Since I'm on a mission to compare all the eggs Benedict you can guess what I'm having. After that I'll be sewing a fall tabletop project for my apartment and walking and starting a new book.

I also need to get all.my clothes together as I'm springing for a lage wash and fold load this week.

Dinner will be lasagna.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in probably because I waited for eldest son to arrive home safely before going to bed.

It looks like an overcast day today, so I may just be having a very short walk. That is okay as I will be heading up and down the stairs today getting things out for the turkey feast tomorrow. Point of fact that could start sooner than I think if Hubby forgot to bring a loaf of bread upstairs with him (which could be possible).

I will do what cleaning is necessary this morning and then have all afternoon to visit with the DS's until the football game begins or Hubby asks them to do a bit of work around the yard. There are a few things we can no longer do and most times the sons are quite happy to help out. Eaves troughs need a bit of cleaning, and under the deck needs to be blown out of leaves. I don't know where our little bunny (probably big bunny by now) went to but all the commotion should send him/her running.

So I never mentioned about my shopping trip on Thursday after Bible study.... Never ever am I going at that time of day (even though I got to see my sister in person) as the store was a crush and I had people coming at me without masks, and going the wrong way down the aisles... I almost screamed at a few of the maskless. Those few were in there late 80's and would glare at anyone who got in there way (they were also the ones who did not follow the arrows on the floor). We have a liquor store in our grocery and while they supposedly do not have to ask for proof of vaccine are doing so, and enforcing it. I could hear customers yelling about rights being taken away. I wanted to yell get the vaccine. Things might just be going from bad to worse around here. I do know we upped our case count yesterday.

I hope to be able to do a bit of hand quilting today, but I do need some good lighting so I hope the sun shines a bit this afternoon. If not I will finish the third scarf for the month and look out some patterns for knitted blankets for eldest son's friend. May even go through some totes of yarn to see if I will need to buy yarn or can use any here at home in my stash. I could also start moving spring/summer clothes out and fall/winter into my closets and drawers. We shall see.

Supper tonight will be hamburgers, creamed potatoes, and coleslaw. Trying to think if I want to make peas as well.

Today I am grateful for the safe arrival of our sons and the few days we get to visit before they have to leave.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept until 7 am this morning. I think that may be my new wake up time.

I am not sure what my plans for the day will be, I do want to cut out the interfacing pieces that I need to finish, I also want to cut out the Giraffe.

I have more to sort and decide what to keep, pitch, and give away. I have a trash can, my giveaway bin and a sorting bin. I am going to put them all within reach and sort and then with the put away bin I will put away.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I feel so tired even though I seemed to sleep OK last night. I stripped my bed, washed and dried everything and have the sheets put away. Now I’m ready for a nap.

The figure skating competitions start in about 10 days. Most are telecast on NBC which I don’t get but I think they’ll all be on Peacock Plus. It is $4.99/month but there was a 30% off code (TODAY30) for a six-month subscription listed on the skating forum so I’ll get that once I’m sure the skating competitions will all be available. The skating goes through March so not six months but it still works out less expensive. I did check to see the cost of YouTube TV, Hulu Live and FuBo (or whatever it’s called). They are all $64.95/month. No way! Not worth it to me. Sling TV does not offer the local channels in my area.

Amazon sent me an email for $10 off anything if I have it sent to a locker. There are many in my area. I won’t buy something “just because” but will use the $10 code and try a locker next time I’m ordering from Amazon, probably filters for Pippi’s fountain.

I drove by the lawnmower place on my way to the book dropbox yesterday. I set up an appointment for them to pick up the mower for servicing. It is working OK but I know the oil should be changed and blade sharpened. I’ve had it done once since mom died. It is a good time to have it done since I just cut the grass.

Have a good day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

So..DH and I got our boosters last night and I have to say....my arm is a bit sore today. DH too.
The leaves are starting to get colorful. I love this time of year.
Making cupcakes today for the library that my DDIL is on the board of. They are having a bake sale tomorrow.
Pretty quiet here..which is fine with me!
Jackie...enjoy your visit with your boys.