Daily Check In October 10, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In October 10, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:33 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Like Clem, yesterday and then again this morning I have been getting weird error messages on the forum. I seem to be okay right now and before I post this I am going to try something else and later on send an email in to Aaron warning him of the problem.

To get in this morning I restarted my computer, and once in shut down any ads running. That seemed to work. Before I post this I will shut down all the ads again as I was getting that same error message when I would post later yesterday.

Today I will be making our Thanksgiving meal as the sons will be traveling to their respective homes tomorrow. Too short a visit, but so sweet of them to both get home to spend time together and with us. Next visit will be Christmas for the two of them. Youngest may get home one more time before on one of his EDO weekends.

Our furnace cut in last night and this morning as the temperature dropped well below freezing last night. It is going to be chilly going out for my walk this morning.

Frugally nothing really new happening, though I will be giving the DSs turkey to take home, so perhaps less having to be stored which is a good and bad thing. I also stored 2 hamburgers$ that were made and leftover yesterday. They will be used up in a meal down the road a bit.

Not going out and not driving anywhere. Fuel has reached $1.36.9 a liter, the highest it has been in a long time. This would work out to $5.47.6 a U.S. gallon or $6.84.5 an Imperial gallon (that is what both the UK and we use). Crazy and with the price of oil rising will just get higher. We will only be driving when we absolutely need to. I may just walk to Bible study if it is nice.

I will continue with the use it up of hobby items. So far doing well in the yarn department, not as well in the fabric department though. I do hope to change that very soon.

I am also still trying very hard to only need to go shopping once every two weeks. Pretty sure I would have made it if not for the DSs coming home to visit. Still I did not spend much on this trip and hopefully can extend my no shopping a few days....

Supper tonight is going to be turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, salad, pickles, cranberries, pumpkin pie and whipped cream. Probably have some cheese along with those pickles.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine pouring through the front window. It is going to be a lovely, if slightly chilly day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie your gas prices are inexpensive compared to ours. We last paid $1.54.9 per litre at Canadian Tire.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 10, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:00 am Jackie your gas prices are inexpensive compared to ours. We last paid $1.54.9 per litre at Canadian Tire.
We live in the heart of oil and gas country in my province, it is a shock to the system when prices get high.

Oilfield workers are applauding the increase in prices for oil, but as I overheard one young kid complaining that the increase was due to the Carbon Tax, an older gentleman looked at him and told him the increase was due to the increase in oil price and perhaps "you youngsters should go back to school". I almost laughed out loud.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/