Daily Check In October 10, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 10, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off before getting coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 10, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Like Clem, yesterday and then again this morning I have been getting weird error messages on the forum. I seem to be okay right now and before I post this I am going to try something else and later on send an email in to Aaron warning him of the problem.

To get in this morning I restarted my computer, and once in shut down any ads running. That seemed to work. Before I post this I will shut down all the ads again as I was getting that same error message when I would post later yesterday.

Today I will be making our Thanksgiving meal as the sons will be traveling to their respective homes tomorrow. Too short a visit, but so sweet of them to both get home to spend time together and with us. Next visit will be Christmas for the two of them. Youngest may get home one more time before on one of his EDO weekends.

Our furnace cut in last night and this morning as the temperature dropped well below freezing last night. It is going to be chilly going out for my walk this morning.

Frugally nothing really new happening, though I will be giving the DSs turkey to take home, so perhaps less having to be stored which is a good and bad thing. I also stored 2 hamburgers$ that were made and leftover yesterday. They will be used up in a meal down the road a bit.

Not going out and not driving anywhere. Fuel has reached $1.36.9 a liter, the highest it has been in a long time. This would work out to $5.47.6 a U.S. gallon or $6.84.5 an Imperial gallon (that is what both the UK and we use). Crazy and with the price of oil rising will just get higher. We will only be driving when we absolutely need to. I may just walk to Bible study if it is nice.

I will continue with the use it up of hobby items. So far doing well in the yarn department, not as well in the fabric department though. I do hope to change that very soon.

I am also still trying very hard to only need to go shopping once every two weeks. Pretty sure I would have made it if not for the DSs coming home to visit. Still I did not spend much on this trip and hopefully can extend my no shopping a few days....

Supper tonight is going to be turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, salad, pickles, cranberries, pumpkin pie and whipped cream. Probably have some cheese along with those pickles.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine pouring through the front window. It is going to be a lovely, if slightly chilly day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Jackie.

Feeling a bit down today but it could partially be due to the weather as it's cloudy and some rain is expected later today.

I've done some exercising today and will let it go at 45 minutes. Was hoping that it might help put me in a better mood, but unfortunately it didn't do much at all. I'm going to be trying to find workouts to try to get my 10-11,000 steps in less than an hour and a half because I'm losing time during the day with my sister being here and I don't want to spend all day trying to fit the time in.

Today I will be doing some more updates on my web site after I read today's paper (not that there's anything worth reading about these days, only fear and frustration). I'll skip the Spanish lesson for today as well. Haven't watched Hallmark for a couple of weeks so I'm going to see if there's something at least fair to watch.

Well, going to read the paper. Have a wonderful day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a white wash in the drye, my daughter is on her way over.

My pitching and sorting continues. I have some items in my giveaway bin but most today has gone in the trash. I need to decide on the flat sponges that your Dad had. I just found them.

I start my next shopping list the day I place my order with H-E-B this way I am less likely to forget something.

I need to rearrange my freezer again to make room for soup. I want to make 15 bean soup. It makes about 15 portions. So I give a lot to am friend. She frequently gives me soup when she makes it.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello,

Made it to the usual 8:30 Mass, then instead of the Gourmet grocery store, I went to the big box (Meijer) and did my shopping. I came home and made my morning coffee. My Sunday newspaper did not come, so I went online and asked for a refund and then read it online.

This afternoon the Grandson's have baseball, one at 3:oo and one at 5:00. Do I pack a dinner or go out afterwards? I never did get to celebrate my birthday with DS1 & Family, so I will take a chance. Next week will be the end of the season.

I have a few hours, need to decide what to do. I need to cut some fabric. I need to set up my 6 ft folding table for that. And put my ironing board away. So lazy.

Tomorrow I am getting an abdominal ultrasound done. I am expecting to be diagnosed with Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. We will see.

Have a great day,
Maggie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I was up in time to have coffee and watch my Sunday AM shows but my dog will not settle down at all. :? I am pretty sure its because i was gone most of yesterday and he doesn't like it when I am gone for any length of time... :roll:

Chickens are out, watered and fed and I have part of the floors cleaned...I usually do them on Friday or Saturday AM but it didn't happen so doing them today.
I have a few windows open and the breeze is wonderful, will open the rest in a bit. It is to be a beautiful weather day.
I had too much salty food yesterday, swollen lips and too thirsty....I know the signs all too well. :oops:

I may wait till later in the week to get another light bulb for my outdoor light...I think Home Depot will be too busy today for my comfort.

I think I will boil eggs and make some deviled eggs and maybe salad.

That's all I have for now....
JCKitty