Daily Check in Oct 11, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in Oct 11, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I was woken up by a robo call this AM....ugh I get them this time of year because of the enrollment time for Medicare I think????

I have already mowed and cleaned up after mowing . Running the robo-vac and getting ready to do the remainder of house chores.
While mowing I got a Miracle!!!...I had a kerchief on and my silver hoop earrings (Habit) and got smacked with a low hanging branch..reached up and one earring gone :( I got off and looked for it twice ...thinking I saw a glint of the silver...I was praying the whole time....got ready to get back on the mower and it was laying on the seat of the mower!!!! Thank the Lord!

The "dad-mobile" has been picked up for it's oil change and tire rotation so I will have that to pay for when they bring it back. They do not charge extra for this service. Their waiting room is very small and they are very aware of Covid and protocol's.
I will have the SUV done next week...same service.

Patty , your hair cut sounds cute...I hope it turns out just the way you envision.

We might go to a pumpkin patch this weekend, depends on the weather. It is all outdoor activities but could be crowded...we shall see. It is in an apple orchard also so might get some apples also.

That all I have for now,

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, my hair has become straighter as it has grayed, but when it was curlier, I usually wore it in a layered bob to play up the curls. It was very cute.

Now I do an easy care pixie because it's mostly straight and I am rather lazy. :-D

This morning I have been to the neuro-ophthalmologist for a routine check-up. My vision is stable, so no return visit until next April -- yay. In a few minutes, I have to slap on sunglasses and head to work. Not sure what I'll do as the kids are on break on campus e-mail is down, but they will pay me for it. :D

Hope you all have peaceful day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well the DS's left taking with them their care packages. Both have said they will phone or text when they arrive home. One should be doing so around 12:30 and the other around 7 or 8 (depends on traffic and how fast he drives).

Youngest DS passed his first online upgrading class and is planning to take another next month (hopefully). He said that he will be home around the Remembrance Day week. I think he said he took some holidays at that time as he has a great many to use up.

He just got the word that his apartment is now pest free. How long it will stay that way is another story entirely, but this is actually the first time he has been told this. Hopefully no more Canadian cockroaches!!!!

I have started my Monday tasks and have actually completed a few. Sinks and counters are deep cleaned, dusting done, vacuuming done, laundry started, and the first half of my Bible Study homework completed.

Off to do some more.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

chocolite wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:19 am Good morning Maggie and all --

I've decided to get my hair cut. It's been growing out for the past two+ years but I think I'm done. I've decided I can do the silvery gray color fine, but once it gets to this length, all I want to do is throw it in a ponytail - and that's just not a good look for me, especially with the color. So, I'm going to roll the dice with an inverted bob cut. I've had one several times before and been pleased with it. Trouble is, my hair has gotten a LOT curlier the older I get and getting a good hair cut with hair this curly can be a crap shoot. Oh well. I'm going to live dangerously. I've got a couple pictures cued up to show the stylist of when I had this cut a few years ago.

I have PT this afternoon. We have leftovers for supper tonight but I think I'll make some green beans to go with them.

Hobbes has discovered he likes riding around on my rollator, lol. I usually park it in my bedroom in the mornings just outside the bathroom while I get ready. When I come out, there he is, all ready to go for a ride. We go to the kitchen where I get my coffee, then he hitches a ride back to the den (AKA end of the line). He's so funny.
How wonderful !! BIG SMILE !!!!

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Patty, that is so cute about Hobbes. Cats are such fun!
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

I have had a busy, productive day. In the morning I cleaned the basement bathroom and jacuzzi. I filled the tub up with lukewarm water and put two cups of bleach in there, and turned the jets on to give it a thorough clean. I will reward myself with a relaxing bath this evening. After that I went for a 10.3 km walk. Prior to the bathroom cleaning I had listened to two Masterclass presentations and taken notes. By the time I returned from the walk, it was time for lunch - huge salad and leftover Mac and cheese. Pineapple with plain yogurt for dessert and green tea. Then I cleaned the main floor bathroom and headed outside and spent about an hour and a half in the garden and raked leaves. Discovered another blob of raccoon excrement. This is getting really old! Came in and changed clothes. Put away three portions of turkey and gravy in the freezer. Fortunately our dinner will consist entirely of leftovers.

Tonight I plan to have a long Epsom salt soak in the tub and will just relax. Perhaps get some reading in.

Have a good evening everyone!
Creative