Daily Check In October 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In October 12, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:18 pm It is definitely autumnal here in Tennessee today. Overcast, cool, and spitting rain.

I drove DH there and back to the eye surgeon to be assessed for cataract surgery. He'll be getting it in late November and early December, which gives us time to put together the deductible, co-pay and facility fees. DH was rather cranky about the testing as the techs got hung up on his rare visual oddity: he does not have binocular vision and can switch from one eye to the other. He dislikes being talked about instead of to, so I could see why he was getting peeved.

I took him home and then I picked up a few things at Family Dollar for Homeless Buddy, who is in the hospital, and then stopped to see HB before going to work.

HB has been in the hospital twice in a week, with an overnight stay the first time, and turning around and going right back a few days later due to having a heart attack in the interim. He may be facing a triple bypass. We'll know more tomorrow afternoon when they do an investigative procedure on his heart. He's so frail that they decided to start letting him rest and eat for a day between tests, as he can't tolerate day after day of fasting for tests. Today was a rest and eat day, which he was very glad of.

Right now I am taking a little break, although there's mail piled up on my desk. An upgrade over the weekend broke everyone's email, and then food services forgot to make lunches for the Covid kids, and there have been several other minor disasters to deal with. My lovely boss is on a much deserved vacation, so I'm just dealing with it all as best I can.

Hope you all have a peaceful afternoon.
Oh no....poor HB! He has been through so much.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

HB has been through the the wringer with his health. He had his first heart attack at 41, which damaged the bottom of his heart. This one damaged the top of the heart, and he has a stented artery on the left that has almost calcified closed. We talked to his cardiologist at lunch about the plan and they are going to investigate carefully to see exactly what he needs done.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:16 pm HB has been through the the wringer with his health. He had his first heart attack at 41, which damaged the bottom of his heart. This one damaged the top of the heart, and he has a stented artery on the left that has almost calcified closed. We talked to his cardiologist at lunch about the plan and they are going to investigate carefully to see exactly what he needs done.
Will keep HB in my prayers

You are so wonderful in all you do for him!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Going to fall asleep watchin Murder She Wrote.

Goodnight all