Daily Check In October 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 12, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off, getting coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
frugalaaron

Daily Check-in | 12 Oct 2021

Post by frugalaaron »

Good morning all. Just getting us started.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 12, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I get the same message as Clem (is it the Header one Clem?) but still seem able to post using my desktop by backing out of the forum and going back in. Frustrating, but at least I have a larger keyboard than the one on my phone.

I really slept in so I must have needed the sleep, still I have a great deal to accomplish today and did want an early start. Oh well.

I started moving the clothes around in my closet and drawers last night and I will hopefully finish it today at some point. The weather, in looking at the long term forecast, is getting colder so I need to get things done.

I also plan on doing some sewing on oldest DS's quilt, and looking for burgundy yarn in my stash (though I don't think I have that colour in the size of yarn I need).

Then of course there is the regular Tuesday chores, ironing, mending, sweeping, cleaning my desk, and of course I added some extra cleaning. Hey what would the day be if I didn't have more than enough to fill my waking hours.

I did put my quilt away until I get a good start on DS's. Hopefully that moves along quickly as I am not going to quilt this one by hand, just simple follow the blocks stitching in or as close to the ditch that I can.

Frugally I will be using up a few items today in my quest to get the house a bit less, I don't want to say cluttered, but will say we do like to hang on to things we think could be useful. I plan on going through some of those and really seeing if in fact they can be made useful. I am also thinking of making some more sugar scrub as my heels are developing dry rough skin once again. We will see if I have time.

Also using up leftovers from our big meal on Sunday. I plan on making Turkey Tetrazzini (which will more than likely give us enough for yet another meal this week) and the remains of the leftover salad as well.

Both DS's made it home safely with the oldest being the last to call at around 7 last night (took him about 8 1/2 hours). Glad they are all snug in their own beds.

Today I am grateful that both of us are retired and can pretty much within reason do what ever we want. I am also glad we are all vaccinated so as to be able to enjoy one another's company.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning everyone,
I too, slept in. Of course I did not go to bed until almost 11. I have been loafing a bit. Although I did plant a new garden in my AeroGarden.

Left on my to-do list is to sew. I do better at that in the afternoon when my energy is lower and I can sit still. I am thinking of venturing out to Kohls and Talbots as I have coupons for both and seeing if there is anything worth buying.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I put out 4 very full bags of trash and garbage. Plus a broken down carton. 2 of the bags were Larger H-E-B bags.

I have swept and used my Swiffer on the kitchen and bath floors. I am still tired from yesterday. I am now exhausted.

My apartment looks much better. Surfaces are still pilled but the floors are clear.

I have folded my dish towels, they still need to be put away. I have a dress wash in the dryer. They will need to hung up. But no folding needed. I also have a white wash that needs putting away.

If I do nothing more than put away the laundry I am done with the items I feel most important.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
We had a rainy evening and into very early morning with some pretty interesting wind. Calm, cool and dry now.
I need to make a trip to the donations center as there are things in my SUV that need to be out. Don't know if that will be today though. I don't need anything from town so no errands to combine.

Usual house chores today and will clean the low hanging eves, leaves and pine needles....it is that time of year. :roll:
I am thawing chicken leg quarters, thinking sticky chicken but not sure yet

Found out last night that one of my DD's cousins by marriage has passed from cancer...she was a kidney transplant receiver and has lived with the kidney for 9 years and then got cancer. She was a sweetheart and had been through so much.

It has been a slow morning for me, will turn the twinkle lights on

JCKitty