Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in | 13 Oct 2021

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:47 pm We are under a flash flood warning. Very dark outside, so went ahead and put on my pajamas.

The COD finally got up. He must be going through one of his PTSD episodes. But he is making enchiladas. Guess he got hungry.

I hope it doesn't get too bad. There is a long line of showers headed our way - scary

There were tornadoes yesterday in Oklahoma.
Stay safe Clem.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:13 pm Hi everyone,

Well, I actually accomplished or at least started everything on my to-do list on my 2 days off.

Right now I am rather down in the dumps. So last week was my birthday right? I got a phone call from DS1. Good! However in DDIL's family, birthdays are a huge deal. Nice dinners out, gifts, etc... Well Sunday I asked when were were going to celebrate my birthday. DDIL said "we at least owe you a cupcake". Ok I can deal. They said Wednesday would be the best and I asked them to let me know what time. Nothing!

Ok enough whining. I just feel like a bit of an after thought. But I am not going to demand attention like her Grandmother.

Anyways,
Have a good evening.
Maggie
This is exactly how I feel in Hubby's family. In fact this is how they treat all of our family.

Pretty much gotten used to it, but it still hurts.

(((Maggie)))
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Back to getting that error message on my laptop computer using Edge.
Jackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am expecting the same storm system that Clem is.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:13 pm Hi everyone,

Well, I actually accomplished or at least started everything on my to-do list on my 2 days off.

Right now I am rather down in the dumps. So last week was my birthday right? I got a phone call from DS1. Good! However in DDIL's family, birthdays are a huge deal. Nice dinners out, gifts, etc... Well Sunday I asked when were were going to celebrate my birthday. DDIL said "we at least owe you a cupcake". Ok I can deal. They said Wednesday would be the best and I asked them to let me know what time. Nothing!

Ok enough whining. I just feel like a bit of an after thought. But I am not going to demand attention like her Grandmother.

Anyways,
Have a good evening.
Maggie
"We at least owe you a cupcake"??????? That is a very weird thing to say. You deserve a cake the size go Manhattan!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

of Manhattan